Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Brother-in-laws finished saber.

Default My Brother-in-laws finished saber.

Here are the finished pics of my brother-in-laws saber. It has a blue luxIII & the blade is a 1" thin walled translucent white blade with 6' of cellophane in it. I absolutley love this blade stock.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow! This one looks like it belongs to a jedi who will turn sith or vice versa.
    Very sith looking hilt IMO. Awesomeness.

I totally agree on the blade...I love the trans white. It has to be the most even duelable blade. The only downside is you can't get a core or use film for texture but it is super even bright.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 06-30-2010 at 07:03 PM.

Very nice as usual, your sabers are awesome. I'm sure the recipient will love it.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

I should add that the weathering you've been doing lately is a huge improvement. It really puts it over the top.

Nice saber. It looks like it could be from a water world for some reason. The blade does look good too. I am also a fan of the trans white blades.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    Nice saber. It looks like it could be from a water world for some reason. The blade does look good too. I am also a fan of the trans white blades.
    ditto that - it has a very nice almost organic sea life based or influenced look to it. Love the shroudwork!
    LOCKHEED

I just read on the build thread that someone suggested orange and I agree it would contrast and compliment the hilt nicely. Since I saw it having a sithy look I would go red/orange myself. I never really considered it a totally sith colour, but more firey, just my two cents. The colour LED does look fine.

DUDE!
    You're as awesome to PVC as LDM is to Cram-Fu!

Awesome build!

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like the trans-white blades. It provides nice eveness!

The hilt look naturally weathered, which is a difficult thing to do. Nice job!
    You should make a PVC hilt with a cyan LED, Brass and silver...

Don't stop making PVC sabers! You are rasing the bar in what is expected, and for that I commend you.

Oh, and how and where do you get your threaded inserts? I used to buy mine at lowes, but I always kept breaking them... So now I am just threading the PVC...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollector View Post
    I like the trans-white blades. It provides nice eveness!

The hilt look naturally weathered, which is a difficult thing to do. Nice job!
    You should make a PVC hilt with a cyan LED, Brass and silver...

Don't stop making PVC sabers! You are rasing the bar in what is expected, and for that I commend you.

Oh, and how and where do you get your threaded inserts? I used to buy mine at lowes, but I always kept breaking them... So now I am just threading the PVC...
    I buy mine at lowes as well, the trick is to get the hole big enough and go slowly, it'll fit...
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~