Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: JamoUp's Latest Custom

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Great saber. Tim's work never ceases to amaze me and acerocket's pommels are awewsome too.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Very nice work, little to long for me, but the design is awsome. Anybody attempting a Qui Gonn would love to get thier hands on that overlay. I am willing to bet more then a few would be purchased if added to the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    Great saber, Jamo

IMO The p4 white ruins it a bit. An RGB LED would have made the purple blade fit the saber's caliber better.
    I agree, the p4 was a remnant from the saber's second stage of development. a purple illuminated switch and an rgb are the next upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Sairon View Post
    That's odd, do you want me to post them for you? I can do that if you want.
    That would be great if you can, or if anyone with permission to post in the sticked custom work thread, these shrouds are great examples of what Tim can do IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Very nice work, little to long for me, but the design is awsome. Anybody attempting a Qui Gonn would love to get thier hands on that overlay. I am willing to bet more then a few would be purchased if added to the store.
    Yes, definitely a long saber, my longest by far (14.5 inches!).
    The shrouds wouldn't have to added to the store. Just shoot Tim an email. Now that he has the templates they might be easier to make for others.

Awesome saber. I think you've inspired/convinced me to have Tim do a custom shroud I was hesitant about doing myself. Congrats on the beautiful saber.
    Some may leave The Jedi Order; but few leave it alone.

This has convinced me i am going to have to have Tim do a little custom work for me in the very near future. Also awesome sabe I like the custom shrouds.
    "Art is never finished, merely abandoned." Da Vinci

That's a very sharp design, well done

Tim is very patient with custom requests... I sent him the most crappy of paint sketches and in return he sent me the most fantastic of custom machined parts
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

that's one good looking saber dude nicely done to the both of ya
    ...YUP!

Default Final (?) Upgrades

I finally got time to finish the upgrades for this saber.

First upgrade: Purple Illuminated Switch. Thank you to JGJ for pointing me in the right direction.

Second Upgrade:
    Seoul P5 RGB LED.
    I used a 3.3 Ohm resistor to mix the purple. The Red and Blue are wired in a series.
    This is the test wiring set-up, it is cleaned up for the final. (forgot to snap a pic)
    I had to cut the base of the lens holder as well, so it would fit properly.
    Pic:

The resistor doesn't get in the way of the lens because of its size and placement.

Resulting in a much nicer purple than before:

The cutouts in the blade holder show more pink than in the rest of blade. It take about 3 inches for the colors to mix properly.

If the difference is as obvious in person as they are in the pictures I'd say you made a great choice. Looks great...still.
    Some may leave The Jedi Order; but few leave it alone.

That is a sweet purple. I've been trying to find a purple switch, if you don't mind me asking where did you find it?