Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MagLite blade holders please help

Well I'm really in no financial situation because I'm just a teenager with no job and I wasn't going to call it a custom lightsaber. I was going to call it a piece of junk that I got from walmart with a semi-good dueling blade because that's all I really want is something that lights up better than the ones you can buy and has the glowing color aura effect like a real lightsaber. Oh and I want to duel with it without breaking it. I'm here because I wanted to make a custom saber but then I just realized how much it really cost.

But thank you a lot Tyhm for your help and ideas. I think i'll get off now.

Well a cheap one from Walmart is NOT going to be any better than one you can buy (Force FX) or a Maglite.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Skottsaber is right.

If you change the blades then the blade will not break, but the plastic hilt will.

If you want a good, no sound, high quality metal/plastic hilt that everyone else can have too, then you should try UltraSabers.

If you want a high-quality, custom, metal saber then TCSS is your place.

Oh ok well thank you for the advice i'll keep looking around and reading some more about sabers an hopefully i find something thanks again

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oobie doobie kedoobie View Post
    Well I'm really in no financial situation because I'm just a teenager with no job and I wasn't going to call it a custom lightsaber.

I'm here because I wanted to make a custom saber but then I just realized how much it really cost.
    Hey, when I started I didn't have a job either. I SAVED for 6 months to build my first saber and used some christmas money I got.

It is so worth it to put the extra effort into every area in this hobby. The saving, the planning, the building, and the sharing.

You might want to look at building a PVC lightsaber. They can turn out pretty nice. Just ask Darth Midian. They will only cost around $55 to build too.
    Here is where you should start in the area of PVC.
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...t=3266&page=23
    post number 228.

Don't get discouraged, this is a great hobby with great people. What we don't like is apathy, which is what it looked like you had.
    But Money is a real issue, the quote in my sig is the way I approach saber building. Sure I don't have the ability to make sabers like Fender, or Rhyen because I don't have a lathe, etc.
    But I simply try to the best I can, with what I have, and where I am in life.

So be patient and wow us with a great lightsaber.
    Last edited by cardcollector; 06-27-2010 at 06:59 AM.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Smile

Alright thanks cc, I think for now i'm either going to make a PVC saber as you suggested or buy an Ultrasaber. But I'm looking at getting a job so i'll hopefully be able to create an awesome saber soon.

Yeah, thanks CardCollector...I get upset when newbies wander in here and get everyone yelling at them. I'm poor, we're in a recession, and this place is the Harley Davidson Owners Group of lightsabers; newbies wander in here hoping to make a fast and cheap dueling blade, or to light up something similar, and they meet with a lot of hostility. Because this isn't Ultrasabers.
    Last edited by Tyhm; 06-26-2010 at 07:11 PM.
    It's not supposed to be cheap or easy. It's an ordeal.

But if you're not here to make a light saber the hard way, just follow this guide and stay out of the way.

If you're lost, here's a directory of all the most pertinent threads - it'll save sorting through the rubbish, thank the mods for braving it for us.

If you have a question, there's a solid chance it's answered here. Not too much to ask you to check ONE page for your question before posting, is it?