Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hello Sabersmiths...

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Welcome Rissa. Any friend of J-Lo's is a friend of mine...lol, I was gonna say J-Lo's but she knows where I live...
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Welcome Rissa. It is good to have someone else from The ATL.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post
    Welcome Rissa. It is good to have someone else from The ATL.
    YESSSS!! Well thank ye, Redneck One. I sho feel welcomed. hehehe. Its hightly unusual that I have someone actually CLOSE to me from these here boards! LOL!

Thanks, Lord Dottore!

Skottsaber and Tyhm...I'll try and REMEMBER THAT. I have done that to an LED..luckily it didnt blow up..but it wasnt a high powerd LED either. I'll definitely be using resisters. That Puck thingie..(Can you tell how technical I am!? ) Looks interesting, but if I can stick with resisters, I will go that route.

I REALLY want a purty Lexeon to play with now!!!! AIIIEEEEE.

Would LOVE to have something done before Dragon*Con!

Resistors are good for playing around with, but if you're gonna be using it for any length of time you'll want to invest in the buckpuck. Resistors heat up and waste energy, basically; buckpucks adjust the flow of energy so you don't chew through the batteries. It's like trying to use a fire hose to water flowers without hitting them too hard; you can put a leak in the hose to lower the pressure, or you can put an expensive sprinkler head on it. Either way works, just one's more wasteful.
    It's not supposed to be cheap or easy. It's an ordeal.

But if you're not here to make a light saber the hard way, just follow this guide and stay out of the way.

If you're lost, here's a directory of all the most pertinent threads - it'll save sorting through the rubbish, thank the mods for braving it for us.

If you have a question, there's a solid chance it's answered here. Not too much to ask you to check ONE page for your question before posting, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyhm View Post
    Resistors are good for playing around with, but if you're gonna be using it for any length of time you'll want to invest in the buckpuck. Resistors heat up and waste energy, basically; buckpucks adjust the flow of energy so you don't chew through the batteries. It's like trying to use a fire hose to water flowers without hitting them too hard; you can put a leak in the hose to lower the pressure, or you can put an expensive sprinkler head on it. Either way works, just one's more wasteful.

Oooh.

Alrighty then. I guess I can take the time to figure out a buckpuck.

after all the effort to get the other stuff, would hate to burn my stuff out, by being too cheap.

Thanks for that bit of info.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Keep in mind that with a buck puck you have to have at least 5 Volts going to it. Also keep in mind, if you use a MR/Hasbro FX board you don't need a resistor or buck puck. The FX board can drive a high power LED just fine.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php