Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A PVC Quinlan Vos

Default A PVC Quinlan Vos

A good friend of mine is a big Quinlan Vos fan. He & his kids play with the force action sabers. As a surprise I decided to build him a Quinlan Vos saber.
    Please be kind, I don't have a lathe. I used my dremel & a grinding bit, and did the grooves by hand. That was fun let me tell you. The first pic is what I based my build off of.
    I also have my first MHS build all planned out, and I ordered my first MHS piece last night. It has custom machining and is powder coated.
    This saber has a p4 green, 1" transparent white thin walled blade with 6' of cellophane inside. This is my 12th completed saber.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Darth Midian; 06-19-2010 at 12:31 PM.

Looks good! Very true to the original

Does this one have sound?

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Thank you Scott. There's no sound in this one. I only built 4 sabers with sound. My wifes, my older daughters, the saber I entered in the contest, & my tonfa/staff. I'm putting sound in the MHS saber I'm building. I have an F/X Maul board for it. It's going to be a Sith saber. It will be a good minute before I complete that one. I think it's going to be awesome.

Impressive that you did that all by hand...looks very good...may be my fav PVC saber I've seen

Looks really good
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

Youngling

ohh Midian, again you have show us all something to strive for.

Seriously awesome work with the PVC as always

Thank you very much Don, & thank you Havok. I gave the saber to my friend. He absolutly loves it.

That saber is fantastic. If you want an easier way to make grooves, you can use a tubing cutter and just not go all of the way through. I learned that from Jay Gon.

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon, K View Post
    That saber is fantastic. If you want an easier way to make grooves, you can use a tubing cutter and just not go all of the way through. I learned that from Jay Gon.
    Thank you. That's right he does do that. I completely forgot. Again, thank you.

Another really good looking PVC saber!

This is most propably the most accurate replica of QV in PVC.
    The blade looks good too!