Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: FX Conversion Kits

Is reusing the stock houseing doable? Strong enough?

Good to hear the Vader's are in production.

Don't think this has been asked - I run a clothing label so I know how long you can wait for things - But are the Anakin conversion kits actually in production? Or is production still pending?

It's doable. Not as Strong as a conversion kit though like the Pro's use. I have seen an Anakin one though where someone used the two holes where the pins are and drilled the housing and blade and put some black thumb screws in there. Yes it's not the same look but from what I seen it works. I'm sure for as hard as The Anakin sounds that it'd be a way to go if you aren't to picky about moding it like that. From what I read on here the Anakin is a lot tougher to make the kit for than the Vader.. I am currently working on a way to make a Removable and duelable Windu Conversion. I just wish someone would get the Amber Led's in... Also on Vaders I've seen the vader Moded where the thumb screws are and longer thumbscrews used to go into the blade.

Darth Adderall,
    I hope you dont think I was jumping on you...I was only stating that Tim is working very hard on this store as we speak to get everything everyone wants and the blade holder issue was first on his list. I know he plans to do the Anakin as soon as possible, but there are other more pressing things for him. Again, not to mention he still works and has a family as well. I am sure when he begins work on the Anakin conversion he will let us know since you and many others are desperatly awaiting them, myself included. I know that thier release has been highly anticipated by all but, from what I understand, the Anakin conversions are a pain in the ass to do. Other methods may not be so hard to do but Tim only makes/sells the best, so it is alittle more difficult for him to machine something he feels happy selling.

All that combined with the fact that just about every five minutes he was being asked "When are the LED blade holders going to be in", which I am sure drove him nuts and made him rip some hair out[]. Again, I was not trying to jump on you and hope you understand. And just for good measure---"Hey Tim, now that you are out, when are the new LED blade holders coming in?"[][][][][]Just screwing with you, I already read the other post...

Cain

***A man is known by the enemies he carries, so make the best ones you can.***

***Give me a decent foothold and I will move the world.***

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

Nah, it's just that he's really busy trying to make so many blade holders and he is just one man. I couldn't keep up with a store like that on my own. So it's understandable on how long it will take before they come in. I'm not jumping on anyone's case and if it looks like I was I'm sorry but don't take it the wrong way. I'm sure he'll make enough for everybody.[]

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

ETA should be around 2 weeks for the following..

Vader conversion kits.
    MHS LED blade holders.
    LED quickchange kits.

In the works..

Anakin conversion kit.
    A piece that goes on the end of the blade holder that will make it look like the EL style 4 emitters and another with slots instead of circles.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

i guess my biggest question is how do you heatsink and mount the luxeon star 3W in the original housing of the anakin saber? any help would be greatly appreciated. Just trying to hold my self over 'till kits are produced.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It'd be the same as before the heatsink would just be sandwiched in there unless Tim has changed his basic idea.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

and what would that original idea be? sorry if i missed somewhere else.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The Vader conversion was a modified version of his old blade holder (think the modular one minus the threads) that just slid into the top. The anakin I assume will be the same with the emitter and pin details.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Thats correct. The new vader ones will require allot less work for me and be made specifically for them. The price should be lower than before also.

The Anakin ones will have the holes to reuse the little push in pins or I might make them threaded for the stock graflex pins also. And the emitter part will be close to the original. This all just requires allot of machining and calculating for what angle the side holes are at etc etc..But I will get them done.

I am pretty sure I will be adding a kit for the Luke also, I think I can design a kit that would not require maching the hilt like I was doing.

I will then be looking into the Mace.

I will of'course also be looking into any new FX sabers that come out.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop