Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: FX Conversion Kits

Default FX Conversion Kits

When are you gonna finish the Anakin FX tutorial and when will the conversion kits be avaible?

Thanks

Brian

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

The anakin is a little harder than the vader because I need to do more machining for where the chrome button bases attach. I will get that tutorial done asap. I should have the vader kits up for sale within the next few days. The anakins will have to wait until I figure out the best way to mount the buttons.

Tim

Any progress on the Anakin '05 conversion tutorial? How are the conversion kits coming?

What is life but the passage to death?

I am sure all of Tim's efforts have been focused on getting the LED blade holders in and he has had no time to work on the Anakin conversion. But he will get around to it I am sure. Probibly when he gets the other kinks out of the shop, such as pasify everyones blade holder needs and still have enough in stock to feel comfortable enough to move to the next project. You have to remember that Tim is still a working stiff as well, he still has a job and family to worry about too.

Cain

***A man is known by the enemies he carries, so make the best ones you can.***

***Give me a decent foothold and I will move the world.***

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

yeah just give the guy a break. He's trying his best and I can wait for the Darth Vader conversion kit. I don't need it anytime soon. I just messed up my darth vader anyways trying to get the blade out. I'm going to convert it then buy another one for display. My Anakin is no more and I ended up messing up on the switch so bad that I sold it for 75 dollars. I'm just going to buy a Anakin ROTS converted the only problem is that there not cheap on Ebay. So far I know that slackfarm and ultraswg are the only two out there I've seen along with some others.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Artifical_Lynx

yeah just give the guy a break. He's trying his best and I can wait for the Darth Vader conversion kit. I don't need it anytime soon. I just messed up my darth vader anyways trying to get the blade out. I'm going to convert it then buy another one for display. My Anakin is no more and I ended up messing up on the switch so bad that I sold it for 75 dollars. I'm just going to buy a Anakin ROTS converted the only problem is that there not cheap on Ebay. So far I know that slackfarm and ultraswg are the only two out there I've seen along with some others.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Avoid ebay and go straight to UltraSWG's site. You will get ripped off on ebay.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

What Cain said...[8D]

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

You'd think I'd shot somebody. I wasn't trying to jump in his **** about it, I just wanted an update. This thread hadn't moved since October of last year. Maybe some other people need to lighten up, Lynx.
    Thanks for the info though, fellas. That was exactly what I needed to know.

What is life but the passage to death?

i don't know if this is the right place to post this, but it seems suited. i was wondering if this new threading and a screw on holder could be used as a blade holder like the picture shown in the vader tutorial.

PS: what are these people on ebay using to make a detatchable blade (ie. the blade holder). if anyone has that info i would much appreciate it.

The other pieces can not be machined down enough to work. Vader kits are on the way and in production. The people you see on ebay are generally reusing the stock housing.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop