Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Definitive Diagram for illuminated switch/recharge port/MR board?

Electrons in direct current flow from MOST NEGATIVE to LEAST NEGATIVE.

Logically, that would be "-" to "+"

However, I've often wondered why we tend to consider "+" as the starting point and "-" as the endpoint. Supposedly, its Ben Franklin's fault.

A co-worker and I had a long discussion pondering this mystery some years back. Working in a test lab for hardware and software at our company, it seemed pretty strange to us as well.

Is everything we work on actually labeled BACKWARDS and since it is consistently backwards, it works?

A google search for this very topic yielded many articles. The following wikipedia article discusses the conundrum in the "current" section

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_current
    Last edited by Arkhan; 08-04-2010 at 06:11 AM. Reason: adding hyperlink to wikipedia article

AK-47s and Lightsabers, both so fun to build

Supposedly the voltage or EMF travels at near the speed of light from pos to neg. Then electrons slowly travel from neg to pos.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhan View Post
    Electrons in direct current flow from MOST NEGATIVE to LEAST NEGATIVE.

Logically, that would be "-" to "+"

However, I've often wondered why we tend to consider "+" as the starting point and "-" as the endpoint. Supposedly, its Ben Franklin's fault.

A co-worker and I had a long discussion pondering this mystery some years back. Working in a test lab for hardware and software at our company, it seemed pretty strange to us as well.

Is everything we work on actually labeled BACKWARDS and since it is consistently backwards, it works?

A google search for this very topic yielded many articles. The following wikipedia article discusses the conundrum in the "current" section

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_current
    Conventional current flows from + to - while electrons flow - to +. I remember that on a test a long time ago in prep school

Like you said... it's all wierd... but since everyone 'does it the same way' it ends up working! Even if its technically backward

Quote Originally Posted by Et Kin Evenstar View Post
    I am going crazy trying to find a wiring schematic that shows how to set up a MR board with a recharge port AND an illuminated switch. I've found several different versions but they don't seem to be the same and some are really hard to decipher. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I've got the recharge port wiring down, but once I add the illuminated switch to the equation I get a bit....lost.
    Hi,

I've got a very clear diagram here that works perfectly. The initial diagram is not mine and you can find it around here. I've just add the illum. switch and the recharge port so credit goes to its autor. You'll find the wiring of the recharge port below

here is the thread for the diagram

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ad.php?t=10640
    Attached Images Attached Images