Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Demonica

I like your style!! This is the second saber in a row where you've used "non-traditional" coloring on a shroud, weathered it perfectly, and made it into something awesome and unique. Another great job.

Oh, my god...This "Barad Dur" like saber (yes I know, we are not in the same universe) is a piece of art, from design to shroud work, not to mention the blade holder plug (it looks like lava). I still wonder how you did the weathering stuff like you did on Mantis shroud.
    Thumbs up

Two thumbs up.

I have not really liked the colored sabers I've seen in the past, but I like both of yours. In thinking about why, I remembered someone saying your "Mantis" had an "x-wing" look to it, and then it clicked. Your sabers are aesthetically in tune with the designs used in various fighters and the R-series Astromech Droids.

You are two for two so far.
    There's always a bigger fish.

wow, just wow...

* walks away head in shame *
    Purple Fourteen, ummn yeah where did I leave the keys to this freighter again ?
    Tos, So many drunken adventures.
    http://www.steampunkodyssey.com << fun project
    Alpine Garrison 501st Detachment

Thumbs up

yet another piece of strong work there!!! Very nice use of the blade plug too!
    LOCKHEED

Another amazing saber! I really enjoyed the Mantis,especially the color scheme, but this the dark side just pours out of it and beckons to my sith eyes. What can I say simply beautiful!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Crystal, you can guess what I think. You have a PM
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Quote Originally Posted by mihunai View Post
    the use of actual colour other than
    the usual metallic silver/gold/copper and black, but without it looking like a toy
    NO DOUBT!!

very good explanation of it..

Beautiful. Especially the claws.
    It's not supposed to be cheap or easy. It's an ordeal.

But if you're not here to make a light saber the hard way, just follow this guide and stay out of the way.

If you're lost, here's a directory of all the most pertinent threads - it'll save sorting through the rubbish, thank the mods for braving it for us.

If you have a question, there's a solid chance it's answered here. Not too much to ask you to check ONE page for your question before posting, is it?

Banned Sith Lord

who made those claws? did you cut em yourself?