Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Demonica

Default Demonica

Hi everyone!...told you it wouldn't be long. As I've mentioned, Mantis is my first saber finished but actually the 4th saber. This one I'm posting now is the second one I started. It belongs to my girlfriend and I designed it with her. She's been so great with tolerating my saber silliness and gives me a lot of help with tools, like where she keeps them and how to set them up..lol. Actually we make a great team.

With out further ado....

I can't believe how clean I wired this one, and how tight everything is packed below the custom ribbed section. I thought it was going to get damaged but actually it sounds and runs amazingly. the exposed wire is no longer then the solder pads and the solder is 90% perfect to my knowledge. The clash sensor is wicked responsive so you can flick your wrist rapidly and it goes off like a machine gun. On low volume setting it is still louder then Mantis. It is REALLY loud. I can't see myself doing anything but "reverse sound" and this one had 8 wires to get past the speaker. If I can't reverse it it ain't worth doing.

Now that we have two sabers finished with sound it was an awesome weekend of dueling!

PS can someone get rid of the twisted from the thread title?
    ...I thought I could get that evil smiley.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 06-15-2010 at 09:48 AM.

That's one angry looking saber. Very nice work.

Tell me about the glowing "core" sitting in the blade holder in the top pic?

Wow that looks awesome. That is one bad lookin bad guy (or girl) saber. You are really getting good at this. Congrats.

Thx guys....The blade plug is something I salvaged from a water cooler. I cut it down, drilled a circle of holes in painted the black plastic with some various metallic and dark neutral colours to give it the burnt metal look. Of course when lit all you see is the light. I actually intended to use this piece for another saber but it worked well for the pics so I went for it.

Very nice and evil looking sith saber. Awesome job on the weathering too ! The blade plug is something different. Looks like a one of a kind custom for this particular saber ?
    edit : had to type faster ...
    Last edited by Ki-Djowac; 06-15-2010 at 08:31 AM.
    "A Jedi Master always said this to each of his students before their first lesson: Cross an unfamiliar river without first discerning its depths and shallows, and you will drown in its currents without reaching your goal. Being a Jedi is no different. Identify the pitfalls and learn the proper path, or you fail the Order and sacrifice yourself to no good purpose."

Jaw on floor cant type

wow

want to build me an awesome saber?
    -Sidd-

You did a superb job on this one. Claws!?! So cool! Great work on the custom section as well. Those little unique bits give a saber personality.
    Now, let's see what you do with that CFv5!

Great saber. Great overlay work. I was wondering, did you make the claws, or have them made? This is an awesome saber. It looks like you've been building sabers for years. It's hard to believe this is your second. Good job.

Cool looking saber. The claws and shroud are top notch.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

I give credit where it's due. Just me and my girl. I designed the claws and we worked on them together.

The saber for my cfv5 is gonna be really nice for sure. Like if I was going to sell it, which would never happen it would probably go for somewhere over a grand. It will probably take me up to 6 months to build but it would be nice to have it done and done right before Halloween.