Thread: The Defender by Rhyen Skytracker

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Default The Defender by Rhyen Skytracker

Here is one of my latest that is like a cross between a crusader, Vader and Anakin saber so I will just call it Templar (name change from The Defender). It has a petite Crouton sounc board with BespinII sound font. A Cree Cyan (more on the blue side) a rgb 5 mm LED for the crystal chamber, (I used the green and blue and resistored the blue to make it match the main blade LED) a blue ring and a blue dot AV switch and a .86" speaker. The ID in the grip section is only 1". The grip section is all one piece, the simulated t-grips are machined into the hilt. Most of the parts are threaded, only the pommel and the section above the grip choke are not threaded. The SD card is accessable by removing the pommel, sliding out the speaker and using a pencil eraser to eject the SD card and use needle nose pliers to remove it. It is easier than it sounds. I will probably end up putting resblade as the sound font for this saber. Anyway here is a video and some pics.

Last edited by Rhyen Skytracker; 08-15-2011 at 01:31 PM.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Have to say, Im a really big fan of this design, looks great, and i bet even better to wield.
    the Cross is a nice touch, but the machining and grip section really shine to me. great work.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Hey rhyen can you give some info about your grip at the bottom? Or maybe post a higher res pic of it? I have an idea of it but i'd really like to see it up close.. looks great!

Also any way you can color correct your pictures?? Like this... I mean look at the detail just changing the contrast can do... I love the button configuration and i think i've decided on trying that way for my first saber.

Or if you want you can email the photos and i will color correct them and send them back to you and you can upload them back up..
    Last edited by Natesroom; 08-15-2011 at 10:22 AM.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I was rushed in posting the pics and didn't have a chance to clean them up yet. The grip is just one piece that I machined to simulate t-grips. Here was my first saber I made with that style of grip. http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...yen-Skytracker If you notice that this latest one the grip is a much smaller OD and the t-grips are thinner.
    Last edited by Rhyen Skytracker; 08-15-2011 at 11:40 AM.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Ahh very nice i knew it looked cool.. And i wasn't trying to be rude i just didn't know if you knew how to do it. If you wanted i would be willing to edit the photos via email then email them back to you

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

I saw the vid for this saber today before I ever saw the thread and from the pics and vid I absoulutley LOVE this saber! I'm not a huge fan of Cyan LEDs, but I really liked this one! Maybe it's just cuz it's a CREE and more blue, but great job on this saber Rhyen!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

If you want to see the high res pic just click on the picture (it will take you to my photobucket pic) and then click on view, then original size.