Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: "A Tribute to Darth Midian" Havok presents "RYU"

Youngling

back on topic,

The blade looks great in person, whenever I take a pic thought, I can def. see why you would think I need a polyp wrap.

Ill give it a try and see what happends

Quote Originally Posted by HAVOK View Post
    OUch!

Well metal is something that I do not have the tools nor money to work with right now. PVC is cheap and done right, looks great. Granted my dremel-FU and sanding is up to Darth Midians work on his sabers, but everyone starts somewhere.

These sabers show all the new sabersmiths that there is a cheap alternative to metal work.

Yes the metal sabers are nice, I prefer PVC.

MY SABER MY RULES!!!! Mabye Ill make the next one out of a baby bottle and pipe cleaners

WHAT ABOUT THAT SMARTY PANTS!!

Yes I know everyone starts 'somewhere'.. (usually they grow and move on though)..

and I said I like your saber..and I said it was nice work/job...

I dont know.. many other people around dont have tools or money and do GREAT builds with MHS and sinktube of sleeve materiral.. or any combination of the above.

its seems you already have a 'handle' on working with (forgiving) PVC and plastics.. why not bump it up a notch was my point.

Maybe you 'will' make the next one out of baby bottles and pipe cleaners.. (is there much difference in the PCV/plastic?) lol..

so there was no 'smarty pants' about it.. just saying why not try to put your skills into something with a bit more 'substance' than the plastic.

Youngling

OMG, could you imagine baby bottle, pipe cleaner saber!!!

hahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by HAVOK View Post
    OUch!

Well metal is something that I do not have the tools nor money to work with right now. PVC is cheap and done right, looks great. Granted my dremel-FU and sanding is up to Darth Midians work on his sabers, but everyone starts somewhere.

These sabers show all the new sabersmiths that there is a cheap alternative to metal work.

Yes the metal sabers are nice, I prefer PVC.

MY SABER MY RULES!!!! Mabye Ill make the next one out of a baby bottle and pipe cleaners

WHAT ABOUT THAT SMARTY PANTS!!
    Wow havoc, i think he was paying you a compliment believe it or not. I find this post a bit disrespectful...
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Youngling

WOW, everyone need to learn how to take a joke.

... a JOKE, we need to make a new type face, called SARCASTICA!

back onto the saber, I feel bad it still hasnt been painted hopefully this weekend.

Youngling

Well here it is finished

I updated the blade as well and put in 4ft of clear wrap, oh my jezz it makes all the difference.

SAD HOWEVER, soon it wont be mine!

Another fantastic looking PVC saber. Talk about inspiration! That's inspiring me to go buy some PVC right now!

What do you use to paint the PVC?

Youngling

.... um spray paint. Epoxy ... seems to hold up better under sweat, also there is a clear coat.

That's what I'm talking about. Dude that turned out awesome. I has an ancient feel to it. I love your signature, PVC Sabersmith. AWESOME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadar Al'Niende View Post
    Wow havoc, i think he was paying you a compliment believe it or not. I find this post a bit disrespectful...
    Not that my opinion matters, but I found the post he replied to disrespectful and I think he kept his response very positive and in jest.

Havok, your PVC sabers are excellent and I say do what makes YOU happy. There is nothing wrong with making a saber from PVC and keep up the good work.
    Last edited by RevengeoftheSeth; 08-09-2010 at 07:36 PM.