Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: "A Tribute to Darth Midian" Havok presents "RYU"

Youngling

Default "A Tribute to Darth Midian" Havok presents "RYU"

Well everyone I have to say this is the pinnacle so far of my saber building. Thanks to inspiration from Darth Midian and some inspiration from CC on her "Mantis" I have made my 6th PVC saber. RYU, means Dragon in Japanese. This saber by far is not done but I wanted to show off some pics as it sits now. Ill update when more gets completed.

The giant hole in for the button that is on its way from the TCSS.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gee whiz! all these awesome PVC sabers are driving me crazy!

you are going to have a red blade right?
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

wow, nice them of sabers we have here.

It looks like you have a more snug fit between your sleeve and main body. Is that my imagination or do you have a secret for that? That is probably the only flaw I saw in Darth Midian's design... otherwise I am totally jealous of all the PVC sabers.

The sabers are lookin better. I think you're ready to make a mhs saber wit da works.

Way too cool Havok, that hilt sure looks terrific. I agree with the above, a red blade suits the design perfectly, but I would also consider an amber or yellow one. Nice work there!

Really nice saber Havok, the sleeving really sets it off. What is the planned colour scheme?
    When are you going to do a MHS saber?
    With the Blast Shield down I can't even see.. how am I supposed to fight

Good job! You're making noticeable improvement on every one. I'm very flattered by your mention of inspiration. Although I do see some of the Mantis qualities, the way you put some of the shapes together in your own combo makes it look very original.

Don't feel rushed to use metals. Obviously PVC can look pretty good. Besides, the longer you work with PVC the better your designs will be in metal. If I had more time and patience I would have done the same.

Looking forward to seeing this one done for sure.

Youngling

well Im never happy. Im redoing the button holder section tonight. Just didnt fit right with the saber.

And there are gaps there is no way around it. The pipe sizes are 1" SCH 40 PVC for the inside and 1.25" SCH 40 for the outter sleeves. There is a gap between the 2 pipes however, I used some set screws and left them unscrewed a tiny amount to take up the gap. The gap is there its just on the bottom were it is not seen

Much more sanding to be done! This was just a dry fit. The painting was done so I could see flaws ( were it needed to be sanded more)

and yes this will be Red. Im waiting for the electronics as well. Hopefully they will be here today!

I like that design, not much of one for useing pvc but that is good.
    "Art is never finished, merely abandoned." Da Vinci