Thread: Component Specs

Default Component Specs

Is there any information on the sizes of components? I have kind of an oddly sized inner diameter tube for my saber, and I want to make sure that there's enough space for all the awesome stuff, or if I need to use a larger tube.

Which components?

Most "components" have a dimensions tab in the store to give you an idea of what size they are. You may also ask people here if no dimensions are supplied. In order for us to help you though, we need to know what parts you are referencing
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Primarily the Brightest LED, Li-Ion Batteries and a recharge port/interface. Although if I still have room for sound and force feedback and all those other goodies, that would be awesome too. My tube's inner walls are about 1.5" by 1.125". The width is a bit thinner than your average saber. Here's a sketch of the saber, though I have only done 1, without a way to interlock it with a second. Generally speaking, I'd like to cram in as much in the way of electronics as possible.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by dbluephoenix View Post
    . My tube's inner walls are about 1.5" by 1.125".
    The way you wrote that makes no sense, because that would be area, like diameter x length. Does that mean you have differing diameters? Because surely you must have more length of space than just 1.125".
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

My apologies for the lack of clarification. Yes, my tube is an odd shape made, so the diameter has a length of about 1.5" and width of about 1.125". Or rather, a cross section of the tube has a long side and a short side, which can sort of be seen in the image I posted. In theory, the length of the tube could be as large or small as I would like. Ideally, it would be between 10 and 12 inches long for the one that I posted pictures of, as it's intended for my wife, who has rather dainty hand, but I could make it longer if I needed to. But yes, rather than having just a simple diameter, the tube itself has a length and width, sort of like Assaj Ventress' saber.

Definition of tube:
    a hollow cylindrical shape
    If you had specified that your tube was square, then there would not have been so much confusion. I now see from your image that you tried to convey this. However, it would have been an easy mistake to make to assume your image was of a round tube.

All the parts from the store here are geared towards tubes, not square shaped sabers. You will need a custom heatsink for your LED, for which I would recommend a P4. Otherwise, I'm sure this will be a challenge. But good luck.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent