Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dual blade- one sound card?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That can be done but it wold be very complicated to wire it. You would have to have a pressure switch that makes when the sabers are put together or you could just have a switch you turn on when the sabers are together. Then you would have to have a relay in the hilt that will have the sound when seperated and no sound when together, when together the pressure switch or manual switch will make a relay and have the one hilt set up as direct drive or buck puck and when apart the pressure switch or manual switch would be off making the relay swap the LED to use the sound card. Like I said, it can be done but it will be complicated to wire.

EDIT: It wold be a lot easier to have either a slide switch or latching push button switch instead of a pressure switch.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post
    That can be done but it wold be very complicated to wire it. You would have to have a pressure switch that makes when the sabers are put together or you could just have a switch you turn on when the sabers are together. Then you would have to have a relay in the hilt that will have the sound when seperated and no sound when together, when together the pressure switch or manual switch will make a relay and have the one hilt set up as direct drive or buck puck and when apart the pressure switch or manual switch would be off making the relay swap the LED to use the sound card. Like I said, it can be done but it will be complicated to wire.

EDIT: It wold be a lot easier to have either a slide switch or latching push button switch instead of a pressure switch.
    Do you have a diagram for that? Or could you possibly point me in the direction of one?

When 900 years old you reach... Look this good you will not- Yoda

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I don't have one but I am sure I could make one. Have you wired up any sabers yet? With sound and with out sound? You will know how to wire both ways to get this set up to work.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Right now I actually have one with a K2 soundboard and one plain.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I am not sure when I will be able to get to the diagram. I will try to get it in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post
    I am not sure when I will be able to get to the diagram. I will try to get it in the next few days.
    Its no problem your the one helping me out. If you would please post it here I'd greatly appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Louis View Post
    How bout a way to have 2 soundcards installed and when connected only one runs, but seperated both do.
    Make 2 sabers both with their own sound card, battery, led, switches, and kill key. When apart they work as their own and when you screw them together have some connectors there that are plug and play. Those wires will be for your second led to connect into your main sound card. It will be wired so you can have delayed ignition with the trident feature. One blade turns on with the second delayed. You will just have to leave your kill key inserted on your second saber setup so that doesn't turn on.

Quote Originally Posted by ggnet12 View Post
    Make 2 sabers both with their own sound card, battery, led, switches, and kill key. When apart they work as their own and when you screw them together have some connectors there that are plug and play. Those wires will be for your second led to connect into your main sound card. It will be wired so you can have delayed ignition with the trident feature. One blade turns on with the second delayed. You will just have to leave your kill key inserted on your second saber setup so that doesn't turn on.
    Please do not resurrect threads that are a DECADE OLD.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com