Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheapest Saber Possible

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Louis View Post
    That's what i planned on. If I get the pvc custom painted and the speaker is exposed in the end cap will the painting ruin the speaker?
    yes it will
    -Sidd-

So I have to get a slotted piece for the end cap and tape it off before I get it painted?

When 900 years old you reach... Look this good you will not- Yoda

Council Member
    Sith Lord

At LDM: I just wanted to give everyone a budget option. I think it'd be a cool build. You need the relay with the buckpuck to run the soundcard. I think it takes more work if you run a resistor instead of a buckpuck and I'm not positive what else I'd need with the resistor.
    You don't need the relay or the buckpuck or a resistor. BTW, I am not guessing.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalema View Post
    Sounds good to me so far...

Oh, and it's Jay-Gon-Jinn
    Still not quite right...it's actually Jay-gon Jinn... And I wouldn't say those pvc sabers I built were amazing, there's a few others here that do truly amazing sabers using pvc.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    Well i have never seen a diagram on how to wire it without the relay and everyone complains about running the LED off the board. Also it gets much brighter with a relay. LDM obviously has more experience than me so I'll take his word.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    While you don't need the relay, etc. But IMO, The difference in the brigtness is worth the extra $2 and 15 minutes of wiring...

Well i have never seen a diagram on how to wire it without the relay and everyone complains about running the LED off the board. Also it gets much brighter with a relay. LDM obviously has more experience than me so I'll take his word.
    LDM is right, 350ma will run your LED decently. But I highly encourage the use of a relay. The difference is so worth it!

BTW, here is a pic of the board without the relay...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

The blade is what kills this. It is the most expensive piece. As far as the relay vs no relay goes the relay adds brightness and that is the most important part of a budget saber, since there won't be many bells and whistles on hilt design.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalema View Post
    You could make one yourself it would be a little bit cheaper.
    It would be cheaper but it'd lack the quality of a tcss blade or corbin.