Thread: MHS blade holder design changes

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Default MHS blade holder design changes

Over the next few months there will be a major change in the blade holder setups. We will be changing the blade holders to accept a unit similar to the MLS unit UltraSabers had designed. The main difference is that our setup will not take up anymore room inside the hilt as it will all be inside the blade holder as before. We will also offer a way to make the blade holder backwards compatible with the old setup. This solves a few issues..

1. The blade holder will have a 1" hole all the way through for custom jobs

2. The LED module will have a screw in heatsink so LED/lens height will not matter as you can screw the assembly in farther for a Rebel, etc..

We will get all of the components necessary ready to go over the next month or so and after that when a blade holder runs out it will be restocked with the new design. At that point the blade holders will be offered by themselves and you can choose to add a setup to make it backwards compatible or get the new Heat sink/lens holder setup.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

I received a E-mail expressing a concern about the new design so I figured I would clear it up since I evidently was not clear enough.

The Heat sink screws into another piece NOT the blade holder. This assembly will free float like the current setup until the blade holder is locked down all the way. There will be no issues with twisting wires etc..
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Here is a pic of what a new blade holder 13 would look like in a choke style 3 with the new heat sink assembly sandwiched in place.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

These are now starting to be phased in. The only one currently for sale is holder 18 but the rest will be as we sell out of the old style.

I am now offering the heat sinks and blade holders individually which will make swapping them out cost less.

If there is enough demand I will make a adapter so that you can use the new style blade holders with the old style heat sinks. I will also make the old style heat sinks available for sale in the store.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop