Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rebel green LED and Crystal Focus

Default Rebel green LED and Crystal Focus

Hallo everyone. I am planning to build a lightsaber with these features:
    - Crystal Focus v5
    - 4 AA rechargeble batteries
    - momentary on/off switch (silver guarded)
    - aux. momentary switch (the little tactile one)
    - rebel green LED
    - recharge port = general power switch
    - speaker = the one that comes with CF
    The question is: I read how calculate the resistor, but I saw that CF uses 3.3V while the Rebel LED has 3.4V and 700mA, so how can this be true?
    (3.3 - 3.4)/0.7 ?!
    Have I to calculate the resistor with the batteries voltage (4 AA are 6V, right?)?
    (6 - 3.4)/0.7

Thank you!

CF s minimum voltage is 3.3v max is something like 11v

Quote Originally Posted by Picky View Post
    Hallo everyone. I am planning to build a lightsaber with these features:
    - Crystal Focus v5
    - 4 AA rechargeble batteries
    - momentary on/off switch (silver guarded)
    - aux. momentary switch (the little tactile one)
    - rebel green LED
    - recharge port = general power switch
    - speaker = the one that comes with CF
    The question is: I read how calculate the resistor, but I saw that CF uses 3.3V while the Rebel LED has 3.4V and 700mA, so how can this be true?
    (3.3 - 3.4)/0.7 ?!
    Have I to calculate the resistor with the batteries voltage (4 AA are 6V, right?)?
    (6 - 3.4)/0.7

Thank you!
    You don't need a resistor to limit current to an LED when connected to the Crystal Focus board. The CF regulates voltage and current based on the settings in the configuration file stored on the microSD card in the board.

You can very easily hook your CF up to a 6v source, and properly configured, the CF will drive that rebel LED at its proper current and voltage...and do so for a long time...the CF regulates, so it doesn't bleed off excess voltage as heat like some other boards.

Another point worth mentioning, if you do not already have your CF (I am assuming you do, but for other member's sake) they are notoriously difficult to obtain.
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

I would suggest that you read the manual for previous Crystal Focus boards to understand how it works. The manual for the V5 is not released yet, but the other manuals will give you a good idea.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Jonitus has already answered this question perfectly, however (a word to the wise) if you plan on working with CF you need to read, digest and completely understand the manual before you begin or the result will be woe and tears (and a FUBAR'd $200+ soundboard).
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Ok, thank you for the suggestions. I misunderstood the manual, sorry ...
    About the CF, well, unfortunally I don't have it yet, but I' planning to buy it from Plecter Labs: I'm saving money and hopefully I will be able to order it this week.
    Can I ask anther thing? I thought to build a plastic tube on witch I will glue the elctronic parts, to put inside the hilt (as the battery pack of MR or Hasbro FX), it wuold be fixed with the same screw of the lateral D-ring: do you think it is a good idea?

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Unfortunately, you misunderstood again. You will not be "ordering" anything, as the CF's are only available in small batches and usually sell out in seconds. Literally. You have to learn where, when, and how to get one

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

I don't think a plastic tube would make justice to CF

EDIT: Sorry it seems I can't read. I fail.
    Last edited by Rafalema; 06-08-2010 at 08:47 AM.

I think you should stick around, read some, make a testsaber
    and when you are absolutely sure how the CF works,
    ask and read some more and then wait
    for them to become available and give a go at getting one.

Just my 2 credits...

mTm

Official Owner of Skottsaber at Bowling