Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MR FOAM - What Type is it.

Default MR FOAM - What Type is it.

I've been googled for 20 minutes now on what the MR Foam tube is I've search -- Foam Tube, Soft Foam Tube, Thin Foam Sheets, but I get nothing, kinda odd huh? Nothing even close. The foam is so super soft like very dense cell memory foam. Yea I tryed visco elastic etc etc but got nothing. I also did a search on MR Sabers Foam and go some old threads but no answers there either...

Please tell me what the foam is guys.
    Embracing Immense Passion You Will Find the Peace You Seek.Grey Jedi Master Jase Kala Maris

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I have no idea. I don't recall it ever being posted what kind it is. I guess no one has ever had a real need for the exact type before
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Anything similar would be nice. Super soft, tranlucent. Since there has been a renewal of the led ladder/string blade not so lately I'd love to be able to find somthing other then the diffusion that Mako uses(harder stuff fyi for those who don't know like a pool noodle). I haven't been able to find that either.

I've found alot of colored or black stuff even some fabric coated medical stuff but if anyone's got some info...
    Embracing Immense Passion You Will Find the Peace You Seek.Grey Jedi Master Jase Kala Maris

go with a foam sheeting double wrap, i heard of someone using it with good results... what they used was packing for computer parts

YES!!! Thank you. That's what I needed. I punched that into google and clicky clicky Polyfoam 1/16th Sheet. With a translucent white polycarb blade the overlap shouldn't be noticed.

You guys rock I was getting fustrated.

Edit to add Pictures

Last edited by Jase Kala Maris; 06-05-2010 at 06:44 PM.

happy to help jase, post up pics when you get a working setup going

in case anyone cares

I am pretty sure the MR foam is a kind of EVAlite
    -Sidd-

Hmmm... That stuffs hard to find online also. What I did find seems alittle more dense then the MR stuff. I found sheets online, mostly grey but some other colors, no white thin sheets or tube. Of course the the Poly stuff mentioned before is alittle less dense/ less cells then the MR stuff. The EVA is Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate, and it can be made into flexy clear medical tube also- unfoamed... It looks closer, thanks for pointing it out but I think I'm going to try the Polyfoam cuse it looks like it will let more light through.

And Of course I can't tell for sure because I feel them. Pictures online only go so far, need to touch it.

Thanks again.

P.S. MR could have also sourced this out and we will never know for sure what it is, just saying.

sorry I'm tired. My grammar is taken a dive.

You could just search on Ebay for "MR Foam" or something. Cordaroyfog on here does MR stripping so he may be able to source some for you.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent