Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: saber for girlfriend

Default saber for girlfriend

My second saber. This one was for my girlfriend. She changed the design on me after I had the shroud made so it looks a little goofy but it's ok.
    Seoul P4 (white with purple color discs)
    Purple Illuminated switch in the pommel (internal resistor so I could run 9v)
    The faux crystal chamber is a piece that I made that the blade sits in half way down the hilt. It is just a double male section that has a similar base for the led and windows cut into it.
    Blade holder 12 bored out so the blade could go through.

"Anyway, she's not my type. Too abrasive. And I don't like redheads." Luke at the end of Shadow of Mindor

Very nice shroud work. I like the "window" as well.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Shroud work looks great. The windowed chamber really sets it off.

wow really nice work. really like the shroud and chamber cutout.
    I suggest some paint on either the hilt or shroud to add some contrast
    to your nice cutouts

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by sithlordfaust View Post
    wow really nice work. really like the shroud and chamber cutout.
    I suggest some paint on either the hilt or shroud to add some contrast
    to your nice cutouts
    QFT
    Great dremel work, but it needs some contrast to show it off. Very nice second saber though. Just goes to prove what you can do without fancy machinery
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Banned Sith Lord

but if you have it why not use it?

very nice shroud work. lots of dremel fu.

What color would you guys suggest? I was just going to paint it flat black and roungh it up for a weathered look but I found a powder coat place near my house that has almost the same colors as the shop.
    "Anyway, she's not my type. Too abrasive. And I don't like redheads." Luke at the end of Shadow of Mindor

Beautiful. Nice overlay and the window is awesome. I can seen why you'd be hesitant to paint it when it looks so great and you don't want to draw attention from the window. I would consider irovy on the overlay. Something neutral or not too loud. In your shoes I would experiment with colour mock ups on your computer.If you want to experiment with weathering and paint finish, using scrap aluminum is really helpful.

What color would you guys suggest? I was just going to paint it flat black and roungh it up for a weathered look but I found a powder coat place near my house that has almost the same colors as the shop.
    Gold would go well with the silver & purple. You could also ask your girl what she thinks.

listen to sunrider you must, a saber for your lady should be something she is happy with, let her choose and changes to the color scheme