Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Blade development...

As I've said in the thread on FX Sabers, after having calmed down a bit.... hahaha,

if it fills a niche in the hobby then so be it. I simply don't understand the appeal and still hold to my opinion that it's counter productive to the hobby, but to each their own.

Respectfully,

Psab Keel
    Follow Your Bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    So you joined the forums just to make 2 posts pointing people to another forum where some guy says he has come up with a idea he is going to market.

Sounds a bit fishy to me.
    I didn't get the impression the guy was planning on "marketing" it, but maybe I didn't read the thread carefully enough. It seems that once the concept is revealed there's nothing to prevent any of us from imitating it. On the other hand, it does seem odd to join these forums solely for the purpose of drawing attention to a thread on fx-sabers.
    Quote Originally Posted by psab keel View Post
    On FX Sabers I have stated that while I applaud the person for experimentation, I do find it ridiculous

<snipping cross-posted and bizarre agriculture analogy>

I just wish this idea would die out as it's only counterproductive, and I know I can't be the only one who feels this way.

Psab Keel
    Psab, you might find your life a bit more productive if you didn't spend so much time attacking something you consider "counterproductive," yet which does not affect your life in the least. The entire global saber community is now well aware that you hate the concept of a dark-core blade. So you can give it a rest now.

Seriously.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thorn View Post
    I didn't get the impression the guy was planning on "marketing" it, but maybe I didn't read the thread carefully enough. It seems that once the concept is revealed there's nothing to prevent any of us from imitating it. On the other hand, it does seem odd to join these forums solely for the purpose of drawing attention to a thread on fx-sabers.

Psab, you might find your life a bit more productive if you didn't spend so much time attacking something you consider "counterproductive," yet which does not affect your life in the least. The entire global saber community is now well aware that you hate the concept of a dark-core blade. So you can give it a rest now.

Seriously.
    Everyone has a right to voice their opinion, Matt, whether you agree with it or not, so long as it doesn't violate the rules of the forum, which psab's post has not. Seriously.

And yes, Senti does mention "doing a run" of those black-cored blades if there was enough interest in his first post of the topic. It's the line right under the picture, in case you missed it.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wait to see how it is done before I jump on the "Aaaah I'm so excited bandwagon"

That picture couldv'e been photoshopped, and he hasn't provided any information...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Smile

I view it as counterproductive because to me it's a step backwards in advancing the technology to create a more realistic illuminated blade.

But it's merely my opinion, and no one has to like it or agree with it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and we all have a right to voice it. In honesty, rereading my posts I found that while they drove the point home, I did so in an unnecessarily unkind manner. For that I apologize to you Senti Xamas.

Looking from a more constructive side, perhaps this will yield new discoveries that could aid in both sides of the technology.

For now it's probably best for me to not respond further on the matter as I have no intention of fanning any flames I have caused.

Senti, I hope you find what you seek.

MTFBWY, ALWAYS!

Psab Keel
    Follow Your Bliss

well it seems like I can finally reply to posts, I trid to join the TSCC forums 7 months ago (when I joined fx-sabers) but the forums must have been having some type of issues, because I could never finalize the process. I tried to notify an administrator back then, but never got a reply.

So I have lurked around here for awhile, I saw Senti's post on fx-sabers and noticed no one had brought it up over here. There seemed to be interest and I would have posted in one of the previous threads, but most of them had turned into flame wars and had been closed by administrators on this site. Posting in the ones that were open did not appear likely to 'notify' people because those were also on the verge of turning into flame wars.

So I created a new thread. I remain skeptical of Senti's claims until I see more proof then one photo. It doesn't mean I can't be excited about it though. You can't blame him for not wanting to post the process until he is finished, if for nothing other then the right to claim he did it when no one else could. If he showed us all what he was doing, someone might beat him to the punch.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    So you joined the forums just to make 2 posts pointing people to another forum where some guy says he has come up with a idea he is going to market.

Sounds a bit fishy to me.
    I can understand how my recently joining could be seen as suspecious when I posted a link to someone who claims to be doing something other's claimed as impossible.

I tried to join previously,(back in august of last year). I couldn't finalize the process because I kept getting an error message. I sent notification several times from what the email provided with the pre-registration process and no one ever got back to me. I got frustrated and gave up, I couldn't fix the error myself and it wasn't worth it back then to try again. I have been a member of the fx-saber forums for quite some time, and had no issues posting there and most the people who post there duplicate the posts over here as well. I still have problems looking at posts where it requires you to log in to see the pictures (says something along the lines that I don't have permission to do so, or I have entered in the wrong account information)

Now that the forum is agreeing with my computer you will see many posts from me

When I noticed no one had let the saber peeps over here now about the current development I thought I would take the initiative and post about it, even though I had never done so before. Just trying to be friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Everyone has a right to voice their opinion, Matt, whether you agree with it or not, so long as it doesn't violate the rules of the forum, which psab's post has not. Seriously.
    Touché. I was just expressing my opinion about how psab might more productively use his time and energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    And yes, Senti does mention "doing a run" of those black-cored blades if there was enough interest in his first post of the topic. It's the line right under the picture, in case you missed it.
    So he does. I did miss that. Yeah, definitely not cool to promote someone else's commercial product here, though I'm sure that's not what nartules had in mind.

For what it's worth (not much), I myself would probably never be interested in making a dark-core saber, but I am interested to see how he pulls it off. There might be other uses for the technique(s) that no one has thought of yet.

Banned Sith Lord

meh i dont see it as productive or counterproductive. not going forward or backwards but to the side more so. just trying out a different path.

but until i see more pics im calling BS for right now. for all i know it could be electrical tape on two sides of the blade leaving the sides free to emit light.
    if its uniform from straigh on perspective of the blade: no matter where you look at it from its the same effect. ill applause it. ill BOW to it.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoonbass View Post
    but until i see more pics im calling BS for right now. for all i know it could be electrical tape on two sides of the blade leaving the sides free to emit light.
    So Senti is guilty of lying until proven innocent? What possible motivation could he have? Wait, don't answer that. I just think it's really obnoxious to accuse someone of lying without due cause.