Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Blade development...

Default Black Blade development...

Thought I would post this here, for all the tscc folks.* There seems to be some exciting developments on this contreversial discussion over at the fx-sabers forums.* I thought I would share for all that are interested.Here's the link to a thread titled 'Black Lightsaber Blade, a reality!!! Teaser first'http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=24111.0 Please remember to read through the entire post since a lot of the initial questions we had have had a few answers provided.I am not the individual who created the thread.* I am unable to confirm or deny authenticity of the pictures posted within. I am posting this link simply for those who may be interested.I am aware that this area is for pictures of lightsaber blades, but I did not want to post the picture directly here since it is not mine to post. Mod's, if this thread has been placed in the incorrect location please feel free to move, or delete it.* I was unsure which area of the site might be more appropriate over another.
    Last edited by nartules; 06-04-2010 at 06:03 PM.

oh do keep us posted over here too =)

I anxiously await developments on this story.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

So you joined the forums just to make 2 posts pointing people to another forum where some guy says he has come up with a idea he is going to market.

Sounds a bit fishy to me.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Banned Sith Lord

lol. TIM PWNS!!!!

I think it's possible to get the dark saber effect to a degree, I've tossed around some ideas I think might work.

But... I don't think that effect could be as crisp as that. No matter how I think about it I just don't think it's possible. I'd like to see people try, like I said in the other Black Blade Thread? (maybe combine these two..) Contest? No Prize, or-unless someone actually pulls it off.
    Embracing Immense Passion You Will Find the Peace You Seek.Grey Jedi Master Jase Kala Maris

Quote Originally Posted by Jase Kala Maris View Post
    I think it's possible to get the dark saber effect to a degree, I've tossed around some ideas I think might work.

But... I don't think that effect could be as crisp as that. No matter how I think about it I just don't think it's possible. I'd like to see people try, like I said in the other Black Blade Thread? (maybe combine these two..) Contest? No Prize, or-unless someone actually pulls it off.
    IMO, not worth a contest...
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

I don't see what is so great about this idea. You go to a lot of trouble to make the blade bright & uniform then make it mostly dark? Mesa no get it.

I'm with Sunrider on this one. Even if it WERE possible, which it likely isn't, it seems an awful waste.

On FX Sabers I have stated that while I applaud the person for experimentation, I do find it ridiculous that thread is being followed so closely on this forum in 3 different threads.

Altogether I think experimentation only furthers the hobby, but isn't this a bit silly to have that much interest in an idea that in essence defeats the purpose of a lightsaber (as a replica prop?)

Just my opinion and I know I'm probably inviting lots of attacks, but isn't it a bit like a farmer going out of his/ her way (financially and time-wise) to figure out a way to NOT let crops grow?

I, along with MANY others, was one of the first people to experiment with Luxeon Technology and trying to find ways to eliminate problems caused by uneven illumination in the blade. Now there is an absurd amount of effort to try and un-solve the very problems that plagued the technology in the first place. I just wish this idea would die out as it's only counterproductive, and I know I can't be the only one who feels this way.

Psab Keel
    Follow Your Bliss