Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Black Blade development...

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    The saber is beautiful btw.
    I think it's safe to say that there is not a flaw to be found.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Republic Credits?

Sorry Matt, it only seemed appropriate considering the picture of Qui-Gon in your signature! haha

Psab
    Follow Your Bliss

Quote Originally Posted by psab keel View Post
    Republic Credits?

Sorry Matt, it only seemed appropriate considering the picture of Qui-Gon in your signature! haha

Psab
    Yeah, I tried that at the bank.

Teller: "I'm sorry, Sir, but your invisible money is no good here. I need something more real."
    Matt: "I don't have anything else." <waves hand> "But imperceptibucks will do fine."
    Teller: "No, Sir, they won't."
    Matt: <waves hand again> "Imperceptibucks will do fine."
    Teller: "Sir, other customers are waiting, and I'd rather not have to call security."

Heheh. Or QUID.

Dangit, I was just at 4 dollar stores and didn't even look...wrong shopping list.

I'm wicked curious if the concept pans out...

Yeah, there probably is a tendency amongst those of us that came in well after the brightness threshold was crossed to be more fascinated with copying dumb stuff from a video game we'd never even heard about until this thread, but it's to be expected - we can't very well contribute to anything fundamental, so we try for the niche. *shrugs*

As for the denting issue - you put the wrap inside the tube, not outside or instead-of. Would work, yes?
    It's not supposed to be cheap or easy. It's an ordeal.

But if you're not here to make a light saber the hard way, just follow this guide and stay out of the way.

If you're lost, here's a directory of all the most pertinent threads - it'll save sorting through the rubbish, thank the mods for braving it for us.

If you have a question, there's a solid chance it's answered here. Not too much to ask you to check ONE page for your question before posting, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyhm View Post
    Heheh. Or QUID.
    I hadn't known about QUID. Thanks for the link.
    As for the denting issue - you put the wrap inside the tube, not outside or instead-of. Would work, yes?
    It would solve the problem of denting, but create a whole new problem, since the PolyC tube distorts light in its own way, and would certainly wreak havoc on any optical effect created by the lenticular lens.

If you get a chance to test it, let us know how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thorn View Post
    I hadn't known about QUID. Thanks for the link.

It would solve the problem of denting, but create a whole new problem, since the PolyC tube distorts light in its own way, and would certainly wreak havoc on any optical effect created by the lenticular lens.

If you get a chance to test it, let us know how it works out.
    (OT - I love how bipolar we all are here. At each others throats one week, playing nicely the next. Beats the alternative!)

Got a Shrek Lenticular Poster for 50c; it's about 8 inches by 5, and unfortunately has a plastic backing, but I'll see if I can peel it off somehow and apply my usual stock of polyc to at least get an elementary test down...can probably print a few sheets of black-and-white alternating lines too. Ah, science-ing on a budget...

But if you're not here to make a light saber the hard way, just follow this guide and stay out of the way.

If you're lost, here's a directory of all the most pertinent threads - it'll save sorting through the rubbish, thank the mods for braving it for us.

If you have a question, there's a solid chance it's answered here. Not too much to ask you to check ONE page for your question before posting, is it?

(OT - I love how bipolar we all are here. At each others throats one week, playing nicely the next. Beats the alternative!)
    That's more Borderline Personality disorder than Bipolar disorder. Although if someone was acutely manic you might see shifts like that but it would probbaly be over an even shorter time.

Capricious then. Beats being steadily violently negative anyway.

Scraped the paint off, no major difficulties. Working on printing in the right DPI; a 1:1 gradient at 100 DPI looks like 2-on-2-off...a 2:2 gets lines inebtween the 2 pixels, so it's sharper than 100DPI...1 on 3 off, every other line is thinner through the lens...wish I could send you guys a picture, it's wild, but it's so small...