Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: slothfurnace's ANH Graflex (Full crystal chassis)

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    anxiously awaiting next update pic.....

Seems like July 4th has slowed down the builds a bit. Since I saw your shoutbox message I see you're waiting for parts to come in.
    Anxiously awaiting my order from the Graflex shop. JEEZ they're slow to ship. I got my TCSS order within a week. This is taking three.

Quote Originally Posted by slothfurnace View Post
    Anxiously awaiting my order from the Graflex shop. JEEZ they're slow to ship. I got my TCSS order within a week. This is taking three.
    Oh, yeah. Tim's shipping time is the best. Have you ever ordered from Parks? Be prepared to wait for two months or more, even for a simple thumbscrew.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thorn View Post
    Oh, yeah. Tim's shipping time is the best. Have you ever ordered from Parks? Be prepared to wait for two months or more, even for a simple thumbscrew.
    ARRRRG! Yes!

Tim's graflex holder is back in stock now.

Quote Originally Posted by vargose View Post
    Tim's graflex holder is back in stock now.
    I'll have to check that out if I can't get this one to work.

And now, some updates!

So now I have my battery pack and sounboard installed, I need to pass the wires almost from the back of the chassis to the front.

Mostly this is easily done, but where I have my radiator and crystal section, I'd rather not have exposed wiring, so I went to work today making a brass wire conduit to replace one of my threaded rods.

I drilled out enough space to fit 7 or 8 wires, and threaded the end. I'll drill and tap the harddrive retainer plate to accept this 1/4 x 20 threading.

Here I go peeling back my brass rod. I'll want something art deco as a style, as the Graflex comes from the 30's I think that would be appropriate.

And my conduit has shape! I had to drill it out from the other side, since my drill bit isn't long enough to go all the way through it. I left enough material to shorten and shape to fit at the top of my conduit.

Here, I have drilled the harddrive platter retainer and am tapping it for 1/4 x 20 threads to accept my conduit.

Once all set in place, my wires will run from my soundboard through these motor stators into my conduit, up through that into the blade socket.

Before, I just had a small screw and nut holding these together. Now I must drill out and tap for another hollow brass screw I'll need to make so my wires have a place to run.

And here's my hollow threaded brass rod that ties the two stators together.

More soon, as I begin the slow task of bringing this all together.

*shakes head*

You just continue to amaze don't you man?

*begs* please keep going?
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Quote Originally Posted by Shadar Al'Niende View Post
    *shakes head*

You just continue to amaze don't you man?

*begs* please keep going?
    Ok...

Is it wrong that I am whistiling at these pics like I normally would when I look at a super ***y, hot woman?
    Jedi Ronin. No Master, save the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Et Kin Evenstar View Post
    Is it wrong that I am whistiling at these pics like I normally would when I look at a super ***y, hot woman?
    Yes, it is wrong.

But under the circumstances, forgivable.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Hehe....and FWIW the forum censored my use of the word S E X Y. I could've said "Foxy" but this isn't the 70s.
    Jedi Ronin. No Master, save the Force.