Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28

Thread: slothfurnace's ANH Graflex (Full crystal chassis)

Single it is, folks...

I decided to take a break from cutting metal and work with something a bit warmer..

Here I have spent an evening carefully measuring and cutting out the window for the photo, and recessing the back for the glass and such. I also spent a good deal of time deciding how I want to mount the signature plaque.

I will remove the plastic bit with the signature from the luggage tag, and cut the hole and inset it like the photo above. The corners are radiused at 3/4 inch, and I'll run a router around the edge to radius it at 1/4 inch.

Here it is before gluing, I have my edge slots cut with the router for the plaque, I need to cut t he lower rosewood block to allow for the plaque.

Next after that is routing a radius into the outer edge, and a smaller radius into the insets.

CordaroyFog: you know, its really mean to set the bar that high.

coming along nicely!..

its coming along nicely......can't wait to see it done and mounted

That looks 100x better than I had pictured it in my mind, already. I mean that as a compliment

That wood is just so yummy!
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"

Necro post!

I feel this screenshot deserved it though.

There's some non-shaky footage, though pixelated. The preview can be found here - http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/...ht-progression

Love it, Sloth!

The best thing about playing TOR will be that I will finally have a Slothfurnace saber!
    Yub Yub Commander.

I'm in awe, this is really a work of art, kudos sloth, awesome.

A couple questions about your lower tube. I too have a 2-cell and am looking for a 3-cell length extension.

The 1.5 inch capped aluminum tube stock, is that available anywhere to purchase? I've been able to find 1.5 inch aluminum tube, but nothing that is capped.

Also later in this reveal you posted pics of your d-ring but it looks like it's sitting on a Graflex logo. Did you somehow incorporate the original bottom cap into your fabricated tube?

Lastly, what did you need to do if anything to match the finish on the new lower tube to the original upper?