Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: slothfurnace's ANH Graflex (Full crystal chassis)

Furthest reaches of the Galaxy (Scotland)

Yup another vote for single from me too, although the 3 would be cool.

Another single vote.
    I really like the colours in the wood - reminiscent of Tatooine and of Luke's outfit, without being overwhelming - it's a very nice contrast with the saber.

I say single saber display but I'm not a fan of the wood at all. Maybe a sandbox...lol. But seriously I think you've put so much into it maybe something inspired from the movie. Like how the Tatooine buildings on the set look.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    I say single saber display but I'm not a fan of the wood at all. Maybe a sandbox...lol. But seriously I think you've put so much into it maybe something inspired from the movie. Like how the Tatooine buildings on the set look.
    Like a round-cornered rectangle, brick red with the paint chipped off, aluminum underneath?
    It's not supposed to be cheap or easy. It's an ordeal.

But if you're not here to make a light saber the hard way, just follow this guide and stay out of the way.

If you're lost, here's a directory of all the most pertinent threads - it'll save sorting through the rubbish, thank the mods for braving it for us.

If you have a question, there's a solid chance it's answered here. Not too much to ask you to check ONE page for your question before posting, is it?

slothfurnace has his own style, and if you've seen his portfolio, you know he can do magic with wood. I think he should go with his instincts. (Besides, I would feel like an elementary school art teacher giving advice on draftsmanship to Norman Rockwell.)
    There's always a bigger fish.

I'd vote single on this as the Graflex is a stand alone achievement.

And congrats and thanks for making what will be my favorite game ever (I love the KOTOR games still) even better.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Thumbs up

Is there any doubt??
    I think single has the overwhelming majority of the votes so far.
    Make it so!

But seriously, awesome work, awesome saber, awesome that you got Mark's sig, and awesome display. Can't wait to see the final product. This saber is full of WIN!
    LOCKHEED

i believe that the single looks way better ...it gives it the semblece of balance...maybe even putting into some sort of shadowbox for display ...just a thought..
    Last edited by jin starkiller; 09-16-2010 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    I was thinking similar, but then he told me what he would do to said wood.

Trust in the Sloth

Single all the way. As beautiful as the other hilts are, this piece is true art and has an AMAZING story to go behind it. I know you'll do it justice Sloth!
    Follow Your Bliss