Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: slothfurnace's ANH Graflex (Full crystal chassis)

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    Wow again!...Ok I love/hate you right now and that is definitely a complement....Thanks for making a bar raising contribution. In the spirit of friendly competition it is SOoooO on..lol

This saber is totally CF worthy!
    Ok, challenge accepted. BRING IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post

...I've been trying to tell him....
    Maybe if I make it good enough, I can get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadar Al'Niende View Post
    You make me chuckle....man, you are amazing. Always good for some eye candy
    I appreciate it!

And now, today, I soldered on the wire mounts for the prongs, and set it in the chassis, to test fit. The crystal is NICE and snug in there now, both being held in by the prongs and the LEDs.

Next, I will have to trim a bit out of my radiator for this to fit snug, and maybe shorten the radiator by a section or two.

It's a strange feeling. In one hand, it's an obvious state of the art masterpiece and I enjoy every single photo with delight. On the other hand, it opened my eyes on the possibilities for me to achieve something similar = zero. I can't see a single wire..
    How can all the electronics and batteries parts fit in ?

Zoh...my...god...

The only thing that seems out of place in that saber is the quartz. You know what you need in there to match the brilliance of the rest of your build? A diamond.

And that sketch definitely needs to be framed. Seriously, you could auction that off and any number of us in the community would eagerly bid to have it in our collection. Fund your next build...

Although framing the sketch is a good idea....I think he should keep the sketch and saber together. My $0.02

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    Although framing the sketch is a good idea....I think he should keep the sketch and saber together. My $0.02
    Hm... perhaps an auction for the set?

If it doesn't net you enough cashmonies to fund your next 3 sabers, there's no justice in the world.
    It's not supposed to be cheap or easy. It's an ordeal.

But if you're not here to make a light saber the hard way, just follow this guide and stay out of the way.

If you're lost, here's a directory of all the most pertinent threads - it'll save sorting through the rubbish, thank the mods for braving it for us.

If you have a question, there's a solid chance it's answered here. Not too much to ask you to check ONE page for your question before posting, is it?

Are you saying that you wouldn't want to keep it for yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Ben View Post
    Are you saying that you wouldn't want to keep it for yourself?
    I myself would be extremely reluctant to part with it.

I just got my own korbanth BK4 from Jasher, and slothfurnace's ANH Obi-Wan looms heavily in my mind as I wonder how to approach it. I do intend to shamelessly steal his activation switch and transistor kill-key.
    There's always a bigger fish.

I'm so impressed SF. I thought your pure build ANH Obi was a great built but this crystal chamber is just brilliant.

You have a very intricate thought process my friend and the skill to pull off your designs.

Can't wait to see more.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

anxiously awaiting next update pic.....

Seems like July 4th has slowed down the builds a bit. Since I saw your shoutbox message I see you're waiting for parts to come in.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 07-07-2010 at 06:30 AM.