Thread: My first saber design

Default My first saber design

Hey, I was designing some sabers and this is the one I like the most. I was looking for feedback on it, thanks.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tchen; 06-03-2010 at 05:39 PM.

I like it. Very sleek looking.

i personally think it would look better if the blade holder wasnt powder coated. Other than that its a great design

I love the design as it is.

That is one LONG Sithy saber. If you are going to use it for dueling, I would shorten it a bit (unless you have big hands of course)

I assume it's getting a nice red or red/orange blade? Amber would look pretty cool on that as well.

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Your image is too large at 1366 x 786, images no larger than 800 x 600 are allowed. As stated here: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ement.php?f=29

Please crop your image down to just the Saber Builder, we don't need to see what's on your whole screen and make sure the image conforms to the above stated dimensions.

Thanks
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

The pommel end below the switch could be shorter if you choose to. The largest I'd go for two hander is 14" and I think that is pushing it but it appears you've pushed to 15"

I've heard/witnessed a few people ordering parts and realizing they ordered it too long when they get it and having to not use or replace parts. Maybe you should do a size mock up to be sure...like dowel with some tape lines on it or something.

I find that when i try to use the ribbed section like that (due to space restrictions when using sound) that I have to make my hilts longer. Make sure to keep this in mind. Design the hilt around the electronics, not the other way around

My next build will be 14" (MAYBE 13) even though i don't personally like anything over 12" all due to electronics...
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

I would like to see this turned into a double bladed saber.