Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pololu wiring diagram?

speaker+ wired to battery+ (not vdd)
    Speaker- wired to SPK- wire on soundboard

AK-47s and Lightsabers, both so fun to build

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhan View Post
    speaker+ wired to battery+ (not vdd)
    Speaker- wired to SPK- wire on soundboard
    So nothing gets connected to the VDD terminal on the board? or is that where the battery + gets connected to? (i think its the latter, but im just sure)

I believe I misspoke.

The Battery+ and Speaker+ would be connected to VDD on your Hasbro FX board.

Keep in mind however, that there are TWO different VDD labeled contacts on the board.

The VDD that is on the wiring harness for the LED is not the same circuit as the VDD that is up by the SPK-

You'll want the VDD up next to SPK- for your batterypack/speaker.

If you look at the MR/Hasbro FX wiring diagrams, you'll see a picture that shows the two VDD labeled contacts, and that you want the one on the long edge of the board, not the short side.

Yep that pretty much clears everything up, thanks so much guys and gals!! i can finally finish by dream project. Cheers to all of you!

It lets you use a 'momentary' switch instead of a 'latching' switch. A momentary switch will only turn the electronics on when you hold the button down. As soon as you release the button the electronics would turn off.
    FOR REAL? I thought you push it on and push it off ... But you are tellin me the momentary switches e.g. out of the shop have to be hold??? Seriously? If it is really that way I read somewhere you can use a latching with MR boards... so that solves the problem with MR and CF boards but what about the cheap hasbros... Rhyen actually said that they only can be used with momentarys... PLEASE DONT TELL ME I HAVE TO WIRE UP A POLULUTHING OR OTHERWISE I HAVE TO HOLD THE BUTTON THE WHOLE TIME WHILE I AM FIGHTIN... NOOOOOOO!!!!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The cheapy Hasbro boards have a circuit on the board that keeps it turned on, once you press the momentary switch. You do not have to keep the button pressed on those.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

The cheapy hasbros use a momentary switch. You press the button once, it powers on. You press the button again, it powers off.

it doesn't latch, it merely changes the power status whenever it gets a switch closure. You don't hold it down.

The behavior you were describing is what happens when you try to use a momentary switch instead of a latching switch on a board that requires LATCHING switch.

Ah what a relief which boards do require latching switches?

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ah what a relief which boards do require latching switches?
    Master Replicas Force FX and Hasbro Signature Series Force FX.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

the first saber I made for my 5-year old, I made him hold the button down on it, given that he has a bad habit of draining flashlights around the house.

When he gets older, it can be converted to a latching switch.