Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Pololu wiring diagram?

Okay, still working on deciphering the diagram a bit. In the pic it shows the ground "-" (from MR board) goes to the switch. Does that mean that you connect another ground to the other side?
    I'm asking because I want to attempt to wire this switch into an existing set up that has a recharge port in it.
    The diagram says "ground from battery source", I am guessing that its stating there is another ground attachment on the other side of the board.

You just need to add a jumper wire from the ground on the MR board to any one of the GND pads/holes on the pololu. You have the option to just run a wire from the board ground tab on the recharge port to the pololu as well...it accomplishes the same thing. You only need to ground the pololu once.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    You just need to add a jumper wire from the ground on the MR board to any one of the GND pads/holes on the pololu. You have the option to just run a wire from the board ground tab on the recharge port to the pololu as well...it accomplishes the same thing. You only need to ground the pololu once.
    So I can use one end of the jumpers I have already, 1(neg "-")to the pololu, 1 (neg "-") to the recharge port. Right? Sounds pretty simple. If I understand you correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Noyl Wendor View Post
    So I can use one end of the jumpers I have already, 1(neg "-")to the pololu, 1 (neg "-") to the recharge port. Right? Sounds pretty simple. If I understand you correctly.
    You could...I usually just run the ground from the pololu board to the ground on the MR and solder it there, leaving just one ground from the MR board to the recharge port.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    You could...I usually just run the ground from the pololu board to the ground on the MR and solder it there, leaving just one ground from the MR board to the recharge port.
    Monkey see.....monkey do! Thats what I did...works like a charm. Thanks for the input.

Ok, I just got my pololu switch in the mail and I want to be sure I have this right. Do I have to use the mini tactile switch that came with the board or can I just wire the switch I have into the pololu board? I'm using the gold AV switch from the store here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Elf View Post
    Ok, I just got my pololu switch in the mail and I want to be sure I have this right. Do I have to use the mini tactile switch that came with the board or can I just wire the switch I have into the pololu board? I'm using the gold AV switch from the store here.
    You can use either one. You may need to desolder the tactile, not sure on that one...
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

The included mini tactile switch was not pre-installed, at least on the 2 Pololu LV boards I've received.

As such, you can use any momentary switch(s) you desire.

One thing to keep in mind, the Vin and Vout spots on the Pololu ARE polarity sensitive.

For instance, on the FX sound boards, the SWITCH+ wire needs to go to Vin, and SWITCH- needs to go to Vout.

If you get them backwards, the circuit will be stuck "always on"

If you neglect to connect one of the pololu ground pads to the board/battery NEG- , the pololu will act just like the momentary switch, and won't stay on.

AK-47s and Lightsabers, both so fun to build

Right now I am not using any soundboard, just an LED with a buckpuck.

Ok, ive more or less figured out the diagram save for one bit... I wired my 4AAA and speaker together. So, I hook the Battery's Negative wire to the "SP-" port on the board, and i hook the positive to the VDD port?