Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Pololu wiring diagram?

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Of The Republic View Post
    Well I received my Pololu board today and I already installed it into my Graflex saber. I LOVED it. It is so small and simple and it works perfectly. I used a extremely small tactile switch (which was the hardest part of building the whole saber) and put it up under the red button on the Graflex and hooked it up with my MR Anakin sound board and it worked great. My only thing I have to work on now is the clash sensor isn't as responsive as I hoped. It is just floating in the hilt and I think if I mount it on something so it can feel the vibrations it will work much better. So that is next. I also need a speaker holder. For now I just hot glued it to my battery holder. It isn't nearly as loud as my MR ESB Vader so I am hoping it will be louder once I put the speaker holder on the speaker so it might direct the sound more out of the bottom through the holes I drilled.

Oh, can you use a Pololu board with just a battery pack and a LED? No soundboard? I want to use a momentary switch on my little boys saber and he doesn't have a soundboard in his and I think the Pololu board would be great if it would work.

Well thanks for the help.
    You can use a pololu board in a soundless stunt, but use the other version for the higher voltage, the SV version instead of the LV.

For your clash sensor in your Graflex, try hot gluing it to the actual sound board. I do that on all of the MR boards I use, an it work very well. Another option you have if you want to try it, is to rewire the board completely, like shown in this topic:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ad.php?t=10789

For your speaker, you can try making a resonator for it using a 3/4" pvc coupler from the hardware store. The ones my local one carries have a beveled edge that allows the speaker to fit right into it making it easy to hot glue it in place. I have an old topic around here somewhere that shows this.....Here's one: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=3059 Here's a better one (Wow, all the way back to my first ever build topic!) :http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...?t=2190&page=2

I also just used one of these in a Qui-gon Jinn replica saber I have running an MR board and a plastic Radio Shack momentary switch, and it works like a charm! Thanks to member Troyo for posting this find in the first place!
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 06-10-2010 at 08:59 AM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Thanks for the info. I finished it up and I also used a 3/4 inch PVC coupler. I didn't glue the speaker in though. I cut the coupler in two halves about 3/4 inches for both. Then I painted the half that you can see through the pommel black. Then I put the speaker into the white half and I dremmeled the black half on the inside lip so it would fit over the top ove the speaker and sit flush on the other non painted half. Then I hot glued those two halves together. It worked really well.

The shock sensor I got figured out as well. I ended up putting the sound card back into the black MR plastic holder (I cut the top off to get it out but it is still pretty in tact). Then I hot glued the shock sensor onto that with the sensor lining up with the blade so any hits would send the little spring metal piece inside into the other metal piece.

I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I now only want to change out the blade holder for one that isn't drilled crooked for the glass eye screw.

I actully have a extra Pololu sv board cause I ordered the wrong one initially. So that is perfect that it will work with the LED only. Thanks for that tip.

I LOVE the Pololu board. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to convert their momentary switch into a latching one. It is easy to hook up and it's small so it fits inside easy. The tutorial was great. Thanks again for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    You can use a pololu board in a soundless stunt, but use the other version for the higher voltage, the SV version instead of the LV.

For your clash sensor in your Graflex, try hot gluing it to the actual sound board. I do that on all of the MR boards I use, an it work very well. Another option you have if you want to try it, is to rewire the board completely, like shown in this topic:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ad.php?t=10789

For your speaker, you can try making a resonator for it using a 3/4" pvc coupler from the hardware store. The ones my local one carries have a beveled edge that allows the speaker to fit right into it making it easy to hot glue it in place. I have an old topic around here somewhere that shows this.....Here's one: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=3059 Here's a better one (Wow, all the way back to my first ever build topic!) :http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...?t=2190&page=2

I also just used one of these in a Qui-gon Jinn replica saber I have running an MR board and a plastic Radio Shack momentary switch, and it works like a charm! Thanks to member Troyo for posting this find in the first place!

does anyone have the dimensions for this board? as stated above, do not use the link in Jay-Gon's post, use http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/751

I am after HxWxL measurements for this board if anyone can toss em my way!

*edit* oh, and just to clarify: Two leads come off of the battery - (or GND) pad on the MR board. One to the battery, one to the pololu board.
    Last edited by Shadar Al'Niende; 07-01-2010 at 06:40 PM.
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

From that site Shad...

•Dimensions: 0.4" x 0.9" x 0.125" (without header pins and pushbutton installed)
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollector View Post
    From that site Shad...

•Dimensions: 0.4" x 0.9" x 0.125" (without header pins and pushbutton installed)
    D'oh... thanks *facepalm*

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Kind of dead thread, but I have been doing some research on the pololu board and so far I get it, save one Q.
    I see in the diagram that the "-" from the board or battery source. It looks like you can ground it from either. Is there a benifit to doing one (from battery source) or the other (board)?
    Plus, the area marked momentary switch leads, would it be possible to mount a two pin momentay to the board directly? Instead of putting wires in the board for your switch?
    BTW I lied, that was two Q's.

Quote Originally Posted by Noyl Wendor View Post
    ... Plus, the area marked momentary switch leads, would it be possible to mount a two pin momentay to the board directly? Instead of putting wires in the board for your switch?...
    If i understand your question, I think maybe you are asking about something like this:

Sloth did that HERE

The pololu boards actually come with mini-tactile switch that can be soldered directly to the board.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadar Al'Niende View Post
    If i understand your question, I think maybe you are asking about something like this:

Sloth did that HERE
    Thats it. So I'm going out on a limb when I say that there is probably nothing let that I can think of that some one on the boards has not tried/done lol.
    Very cool. Thanks for the answer Shadar, and the pic.
    Nice work BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Noyl Wendor View Post
    Thats it. So I'm going out on a limb when I say that there is probably nothing let that I can think of that some one on the boards has not tried/done lol.
    Very cool. Thanks for the answer Shadar, and the pic.
    Nice work BTW.
    work was Slothfurnace's, i am by no means at that level of smithing check the link i posted...