Thread: Pololu wiring diagram?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Pololu wiring diagram?

Hey guys. I am looking for any help that can help me wire up my Pololu board & my 'SPST Momentary tactile switch' and my Anakin Skywalker ROTS MR sound board. I have seen the diagrams for just the MR boards, but nothing with the Pololu board thrown into the mix.

Thanks.

Here's the post from that topic at FX-sabers:
    Quote Originally Posted by zook
    I did not find this little board but saw it posted by another member. I bought some and have done some testing. So far I have powered a MR board, buck puck, and a cheap hasbro board + P4 (using pololu board to power the p4 so there is no clash flash). All with great success (well except for instant on and off with the hasbro combo).

Here is a link to the board http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/750

There are two versions of the board so get the correct one for your application (I would go with LV on MR boards and SV on buck pucks). If you just want to get one version I have tested the SV and it works down to 3V but not sure if it will cause it damage.

Here is a diagram I made to help out on hook up to a MR board:

Here it is for a puck (same picture but wiring text changed)

Hope this helps someone.

EDIT: I didn't mention one thing in the write up. To use this in conjunction with a economy hasbro board (the new ones at least) you have to use a DPDT switch. The hasbro board has one of its pins connected to ground so it messes up the function of the pololu board (makes it on all the time).

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Great!! This is perfect. Thank you sooo much.

Well, it looks like I ordered the wrong Pololu board the first time so I had to buy another one. I didn't even know that there were different models, ha ha. The first time I ordered the SV board and the instructions above indicated that I needed a LV board for a MR sound board. Oh well. At least they are only $10 shipped.

I believe the SV switch is still capable of running where the LV is specified. If you look at the minimum switching voltage for the SV, I believe 4.5v from the FX board is enough.

That being said, the LV is the *correct* board. I made the same mistake, but caught it soon enough to change my order.