Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Luke ROTJ Ver. 2 Conversion in new Dragon Ash music video

Default Luke ROTJ Ver. 2 Conversion in new Dragon Ash music video

I am very proud to introduce a brand new music video by the popular (and, as you can see and hear, talented) Japanese band, Dragon Ash, titled "Ambitious." A tribute to athletes of all kinds--including a rugby player who is a serious babe--the video also features a Master Replicas Luke ROTJ Force FX saber that I converted for eccentric bassist Ikuzo Baba, a.k.a. "Iküzöne". Iküzöne practices his spins in a park near his home in Tokyo, and, as far as I know, is the only person in the world who actually plays an electric bass with a lightsaber...or at least the only one who does so with such style. Unfortunately, there's only one brief cut in which we get to see him really bust a move, but, hey, the video's about athletes, not Jedi musicians. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0wHLQGdLb0

The saber uses a LedEngin 5-Watt green. I don't think they enhanced the brightness in post-production. It really is that bright. And, as you can tell by the way it bends, it's a thin-walled polycarb tube. Hopefully I will finish the double Yoda I'm making for him in time for their next music video!
    There's always a bigger fish.

That is cool! - I like there sound as well. I can definately see them on radio here in the states (well maybe except for the language barrier).

That's pretty cool.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

I had no idea the thin walled blades would bend like that. I figured the difference between thin and thick walls was a durability issue, not a bending one.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Ben View Post
    I had no idea the thin walled blades would bend like that. I figured the difference between thin and thick walls was a durability issue, not a bending one.
    They do bend, but this might be an illusion caused by the video. Just check out the drummer's stick in this frame:
    There's always a bigger fish.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It might be partially an illusion caused by rapid movement, but thin walled blades are kind of bendy and whippy, especially when you change directions with it quickly.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Nice video, I thought I was getting old because I couldn't understand alot of the words and some I could! I feel better now. They would do well in the states very radio playable. Where can I get a dl?
    Embracing Immense Passion You Will Find the Peace You Seek.Grey Jedi Master Jase Kala Maris

Finally i see how you play the bass with a saber!
    But i have to agree on the bendy-ness, combination of thinwalledness and optical
    illusionism.

Still a pretty awesome feat!
    And a great saber

mTm

Official Owner of Skottsaber at Bowling

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    It might be partially an illusion caused by rapid movement, but thin walled blades are kind of bendy and whippy, especially when you change directions with it quickly.
    Just watch the video on the Parksabers website. Those are 3/4" blades and have been called 'wet noodles'

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I know, I have Parks sabers with 3/4" blades, too. A lot of my friends used to use them, too.

I've made both thin and thick walled 3/4" blades, myself.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!