Thread: Yavin Sapphire

Default Yavin Sapphire

Even though you already saw this one from the contest I wanted to show what I love about this saber. This saber really is a joy to duel with, its very small and light making it agile. I'm particularly proud of the push-button switch that comes through the emitter section, the placement is perfect for easy on/off without compromising grip. The o-rings on the hilt provide stability and slip protection.
    I just really enjoy combat with this light little number.
    I usually try to imagine the Type of character that wields any saber I make and this one was always for a Lady Jedi, I wanted it to be simple and elegant but, ultimately highly functional.

I know that you've already seen it but, I ended up not liking the pictures I took for the contest. Like a new parent I just want everyone to love my "child" as much as me. (laugh) that just got weird didn't it?
    Thanks,
    -AV

The blade looks very even. What's in it?

oh, that is a Makotosai led strip.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradian Valentine View Post
    oh, that is a Makotosai led strip.
    V3s?

Cause it sure looks like what I have in my Obi.

By the way, that saber is VERY awesome. I absolutely love the emitter section, Love it.

Very nice. Love the use of the MJ grip at the emitter. Do you have any issues with accidentally turning the saber off while dueling?

Thanks
    No the activation switch is a rather hardy latching switch that requires nearly full depression to trigger.
    -AV

Definitely one of my favorites from the contest. This makoto string blade seems very bright. It's difficult to achieve a great hilt without fancy things, but you did it. Elegant, fast looking, the switches and screws in the right locations, functional. This hilt could have been in a SW movie. I really like it.
    A flawless looking saber