Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Feedback on designs?

I like copper color better than gold, but either works. I don't know how the heck he could do duel powdercoat colors on that piece, though.

Agreed! I love the look of the copper. I don't own any gold PC'd parts so not sure of how that looks in person. It looks like the gear peices standard PC codes are for eveything or the grooves only. My guess it it would be custom. Ask Tim you should.
    Some may leave The Jedi Order; but few leave it alone.

It's a good design. The parts work well together. I have something similar on the bench right now:

Quote Originally Posted by Jonitus View Post
    It's a good design. The parts work well together. I have something similar on the bench right now:

that looks awesome dude, i have a couple questions about the saber if you dont mind.

1. Does the MHS gear come with that strip of flat area you have on yours?
    2. What powder coat color is that yellowish color you have?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthSwoyer View Post
    that looks awesome dude, i have a couple questions about the saber if you dont mind.

1. Does the MHS gear come with that strip of flat area you have on yours?
    2. What powder coat color is that yellowish color you have?
    1. No, the MHS gear does NOT come with the flat area. You can email Tim about getting it done. Would fall under the "custom work fee".

2. Not powdercoating. What you see there is a baked lacquer paint - black base coat, copper top coat. It didn't turn out the way I had hoped, but I like how it turned out so I kept it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthSwoyer View Post
    ...id powder coat the grooves flat black and leave the rest bare.
    I like this idea.
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Hey guys, I have a new pic. I "powder coated" the MHS gear part a little better, and added one variation that i am considering. I am really caught between these two designs, I've been thinking about which one i prefer for the past 2 days... Also what blade colors do you think would look nice with this? I was thinking red or blue. I have a blue LED SI ultrasaber right now and it is very bright, I'm happy with the way the color looks so i might end up going with that unless red looks just as nice and more importantly, bright.

EDIT: the MHS gear will either be copper or sun gold, cant decide yet

I think the copper works better with those designs. I think it might look even better with the grooves on the #1 hilt done in copper too imo. But its a great design either 1 or 2.
    Last edited by Onli-Won Kanomi; 06-04-2010 at 05:25 PM.

Both designs look great! I'm partial to the first one mainly because the PC'd pommel doesn't appeal to me as much. Also it'd save some cash since it's one less part to have PC'd.
    Last edited by Tahm; 06-04-2010 at 05:44 PM.
    Some may leave The Jedi Order; but few leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Onli-Won Kanomi View Post
    I think the copper works better with those designs. I think it might look even better with the grooves on the #1 hilt done in copper too imo. But its a great design either 1 or 2.
    Now that I compare closer, I agree the copper might look better than the gold on the MHS. I want to keep the MHS gear the only copper colored part though so it stands out in that area, ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by Tahm View Post
    Both designs look great! I'm partial to the first one mainly because the PC'd pommel doesn't appeal to me as much. Also it'd save some cash since it's one less part to have PC'd.
    Thanks! Ive asked around at my school (and even showed some teachers lol) and the designs seem to have an equal number of votes. Honestly to me still, the choice is difficult. The first is more intense and detailed, but the second seems to have an understated elegance to me almost, it looks smoother. Ughh such a tough choice