Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best depth for blade retention screw?

1. If your worrie about the blade working it's way out use two screws, or use one thumb type cool looking one and a Headless allen screw 180 degrees on the other side. the thing will never come out. The Headless allen screw can sit flush and you wont notice it much and have double the piece of mind.

2. If your worried about the holder breaking or the polycarb blade breaking... well that depends on how heavy dueling your dueling it going to be. IMO you should be fine. But you need to realize everything breaks if you push it enuff.

even the english language lol.
    Embracing Immense Passion You Will Find the Peace You Seek.Grey Jedi Master Jase Kala Maris

Quote Originally Posted by Master Dru-Er View Post
    I hope this makes sense. Make sure you get the retention screw as close to the end (top) of the emitter as you can get. I have a blade holder with it in the middle of the holder but the blade (occasionally) is able to wiggle free. The higher up it is placed, the harder the end that is inserted into the holder is going to hit the inside of the holder causing more force to wedge the blade into place. Whew .
    That does make sense.... however wouldnt it look silly to have the screw in that location on my blade holder? unless there is a way to have it not show

Quote Originally Posted by Jase Kala Maris View Post
    1. If your worrie about the blade working it's way out use two screws, or use one thumb type cool looking one and a Headless allen screw 180 degrees on the other side. the thing will never come out. The Headless allen screw can sit flush and you wont notice it much and have double the piece of mind.

2. If your worried about the holder breaking or the polycarb blade breaking... well that depends on how heavy dueling your dueling it going to be. IMO you should be fine. But you need to realize everything breaks if you push it enuff.

even the english language lol.
    Is this what you mean by the headless allen screw? http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/8-...rew--P507.aspx

does it hold as well as a thumb screw? it looks like an interesting option

Thats exactly what he is referring too. I should have mentioned I use those as well. It just stinks you need an allen wrench to loosen but it can basically be invisible (besides the hole) and keep the lines of the saber clean.
    "The Dark Side offers power for power's sake. You must crave it. Covet it. You must seek power above all else, with no reservation or hesitation." ~Darth Revan~