Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help!

Exclamation Help!

i need some help with the obi-wan electronic lightsaber sound. OK... im new to this so i switched the positive and negative on the battery case.. Then the board freaked out. Now when i turn it on, I dosnt stop making the clash noise. So i have to swing the board a round until the humming takes over.
    Cram-fu is key to any saber project.....

i'd like to see a picture of your wiring. might be some shorts or crosses in there.

reversing polarity on batt. pack is NOT good..

hope you didnt fubar anythign permanently..

Default Help

ok here is the picture.

im sorry they are blurry
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Fix?

Would i have to buy another clash sensor. or can i fix it at home? It seems there is no reason to buy a 0.25 priced item.

ok, what is going on with the top of the battery pack?
    try pulling the top of the clash sensor (the white cap) a little bit, maybe the spring is pushed too hard. Check the back of the board and make sure the two ends of the clash sensor aren't connected in any way.

Default Thank you

Thanks for the advice ill try it. Im new to soldering... There not touching though.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It may be either too much voltage or the batteries may be almost dead. Those boards are designed for 4.5 volts and 6 volts are the absolute max voltage and sometime with new batteries you can fry a board.

If you have a multimeter I would check the voltage going to the card. Sometimes when the batteries are very low it can cause the card to act weird.

Also, by reversing the battery polarity you may have fried a part of the board.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

I dont know much about the factory sensors.. but buying a .25 item seems like it would save your behind a TON of stress tryign to fix a swing/clash sensor..

for TESTING purposes.. you could just use two wires and short (touch) them together to simiulate the same sensor effect.

Default Multimeter

yeah i switched it back and the voltage is fine. i ran a jumper through one of the battery slots. So it is the original voltage as the three triple a's