Thread: need a second opinion on batteries

Default need a second opinion on batteries

Hello,

I am thinking of giving the TrustFire batteries a try. I have a Lux V LED, and a 700 ma BuckPuck. The LED chart indicates the Lux V requires at least 6.84 volts. That should be no problem with a pair of fully charged TrustFires. As I'm reading the description for the TrustFire batteries, I noticed that it says low voltage cut-off at 2.75 volts. As the batteries drain, a pair of them will put out 5.5 volts... not enough for the Lux V. So I'm thinking that I should use four TrustFires. Four of them will put out between 11 and 14.8 volts. The BuckPuck can handle between 5 and 32 volts, and deliver the 700 ma that the Lux V needs.

So I need a second opinion. Does using 4 TrustFires make sense?

thanks

No, that doesn't make any sense.

The Lux V will work just fine with 2 trustfires.

Though if you have extra space I suggest getting 4 Trustfires, and wiring them as a pair of 2 battey packs. (7.2v total voltage, double the mAh)

If you want to use four 14500's, wire them in series/parallel as Rafalema suggested. It will give you better runtime. I would also suggest using the 1000mA buckpuck. The luxV can handle it with no problem.
    Is this hilt a stunt saber or will it have sound?
    If it's just a stunt, I would use 2 18650's for even more runtime.
    I hope this helps.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

Your Lux V will be brighter at 1000ma. If you use good size batteries like 18650s run time will be good. Voltage will need to be about 1 volt over 6.8 for the buck driver to regulate properly.

Thank you all for your input. I did not realize I could use the 1000 ma BuckPuck with my Lux V. The directions specify 700 ma, and I didn't want to overload it. Will running it higher shorten the life of the LED?

Yes, this is just a stunt saber, no sound.

About running them in parallel... I was thinking of using 4 TrustFires in a 4 AA holder. Is that right, or do I need to do some additional wiring?

No, that way the voltage would be the 11v - 14.8v.

You must get 2 2xAA battery holders, and connect their negative and positive leads, after that continue normally.

OK, I think I'm on the right track now. Thanks everyone.