Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Luke FX soundboard and lux3 wiring?

I added a black block to James'diagram which would be the resister needed for the led, hope it helps

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

It does indeed! Am I to assume that the resistor comes from the negative pole of the led, and I can ignore that rainbow dealie? Also, the two positive leads on the sound card: do those have to be "spliced" or can I use them separately to satisfy the diagram?

Thanks again, Do-Clo!!

You don't need to see any identification.

**edit: Much obliged, m'friend!![]

Yes the resister can be connected to the negative side of the led and you will not be using the output of the sound board at all. I would just connect the two positive inputs of the sound card together and then connect them to the switch.

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

AAARRRRGHGHHGHGHGHHGHH!!!!!!!!!!! [}][}][xx(]Sorry..
    Just REALLY frustrated with this deal. I can't get the board to work. I actually touched two of the leads together by accident, and it sounded like it wanted to ignite, but I can't figure out what I did...or what to do.

Ok, maybe a little simpler? I'm really cruising in idiot mode tonight. Ok, going to smoke a coffin nail, and hit the rack. Maybe, by Dawn's Early Light, I'll see some help...

Thanks for listening, and thanks for the help.

Hang in there I have put things down before and walked away, sometimes it takes a rested mind to see the problem.[]

<center></center>

Maybe I'll just undo all the connections and start from scratch...

Go to radio shack and buy a small bag of tiny alligator clips. Then you can carefully assemble test circuts with no soldering. Just hold the two wires you want to connect with the alligator clips (do this with all you connections).

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

You could also wrap the wires together and use tape. just have to be careful not to pull them apart while you're trying to figure out how it should all go together.

Kool an' the Gang. I actually stopped by a "Mom-n-Pop" type electronics shop today. "Pop" actually took a look at my excuse for a set up(4 free, to boot), and I printed out the schmatic to show 'im. Turns out that all I have to do is solder my positive leads from the card to the positive lead from the battery. Bless his heart; you can't get service like that anymore...Anyway, I hope it works; I've got my switch soldered to that lead. It's been so long since I've done anything elec-tron-ical[]. Yes, I just made up a word. Operating on 3hrs of sleep here, so you're lucky I was this coherant.[]

Thanks again guys; I'll let ya know how it goes (the "acid" test is tonight, after work!)

**edit: Ok, I got it to work..for about 30 seconds.[V] I think I may have an issue in my switch.

That or it sounds like you burned out the LED, was the heatsink on?

'Your swords please, we wouldn't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.' -Count Dooku