Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Graflex blade adapter question

Nice work KOTR, looks really good. I do like the switch in the back between the grips. I ordered a tactile momentary that should fit in the gap on the blade holder. It allows you to use the red button that came with the Graflex. I will say that button (tactile) may only work with the soundboard driver set up. Something to look at if you choose to do some more work on it at a later time.

This is good to know. I just placed my order for that same LED blade holder for my new Graflex. I will check out mine when I get it.

Pretty sure that the threads for the glass eye are at an angle.

Oddly enough, I rechecked one of my Graflex Adapters with the new Transparent White blades and it was actually loose.

Do you think filling the tapped threads with JB Weld and re-tapping would fix the problem?

You may be able to do that. Don't quote me on that one.
    My impression is that JB would harden to a point where that may not be possible (retapping). I could be wrong, but a suggestion I could give would be to test that theroy on a tapped piece of scrap, possibly close to what the aluminum piece is you want to work on.
    The last thing is if you filled the threads the tap may follow what is there already (the hole) giving you the same angle with freshly cut threads.
    I would only guess if you re-drilled with the appriate drill bit (on a drill press) giving you a "new" hole to tap, you could get rid of the angle and re-tap then. Of course you may have a sizeable gap to wich the threads may not take.
    Again I am not an expert.
    I'm only one voice, give it a couple days for people to respond before you do any serious work. Lots of guys on here have more expierence with this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by yell0w_lantern View Post
    Do you think filling the tapped threads with JB Weld and re-tapping would fix the problem?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    1. Can anyone else verify this? I just tried one of our blades and they fit fine.

2. Are you sure it is the holder and not the replica that is off center? I just looked at one and they look in line to me. If it was threaded at a angle that would make more sense. Anyone else have input into this?

3. Anyone use anything besides a Parks replica? I was told that others such as real ones are slightly smaller ID which is why it was made smaller.

4. I would think this is just a case of using too short of a screw. When it stripped out did it just strip out the first few threads? I do not see anyway it would strip if the screw was long enough.
    1. My blades from you fit just fine.

2. The hole for the glass eye is centered, but it's drilled at an angle:

3. I have the brass graflex replica.....it fit in mine, but I had to insert it from the bottom of the top piece of the hilt. I also had mine clear powder coated to protect the polish on it, so that may have affected the fit.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 06-03-2010 at 09:04 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I just got my holder in today. The tapped hole for the retention screw was at an angle.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Again...sorry about all of this.

I have pulled the rest and I will be doing a new run of these ASAP. Anyone who ordered and wants a replacement will get one.

We will be making sure all of the holes are threaded correctly as well as enlarging the OD slightly. The parts will also not be sand blasted so the anodizing finish will be nicer.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

I would love a replacement.

I'm looking forward to the new batch. I'll be ordering one as soon as they come in.