Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Covertech clip buttons???

Default Covertech clip buttons???

Does anyone know where I can get extra pager buttons? I don't want to have to buy a whole new clip for every saber I build. If memory serves, didn't there used to be a machined pager button offered here?

yeah, it's called a covertec clip. the machined ones have been gone for quite some time, i believe they are very hard to come across nowadays.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

You can find them on ebay from time to time

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

I might be willing to machine some covertec buttons, If Tim is too busy.
    But I'd need an original to copy - and I've been just to cheap to buy a Covertec setup.

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

i got my button and clip at target , not a genuine covertec but a darn good knock off for only $3.99

Threepio: Artoo suggests that if you remove the restraining bolt, he might be able to play back the entire recording. Luke: Do I look that stupid?

-- "Little things that could have changed the universe"

I have one convertec clip, and the button for that is attached to my EL saber with a rivet- no getting that off.
    And Target is not an option for me, as I am Canadian- no Targets up here at all..Frustrating.

Now this is just one of those things that do not make sense to me. I reckon I am just "ignet" but if Target is a french based business and Canada has the strong french tie-in thing going on then why don't they do business up there?

I don't like Target personally so I reckon we need to figure out some more ideas[]

<center></center>

Welcome Amanita,
    Always good to have another Cannuck around!

Where abouts are you? You should get on the TCSS Map:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sa.../membermap.asp

Represent!

I'd love to try the Target option - to, but again - no stores in Canada. Is it a Target brand - or do you have a brand name I could look up?

MC

Hey Madcow - if you had access to a machined aluminum covertec knob that also has the curved base, would you be able to replicate it fully (curve for mounting to 1.5" hilts included)?

[][][8D][8D]

<center>
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/Jedi.Ranger/</center>

The curve is tricky - I got nothing for that. I want to try machining the metal knob flat, and then adapting a curved plastic spacer. Plastic is easy to file down.

MC