Thread: Mace Windu ROTS erratic behavior

Default Mace Windu ROTS erratic behavior

Ok so not a conversion question (yet) but..
    I just received a Mace Windu ROTS off ebay. Its not working properly so I thought i could find some help here. Im new to this so bear with me.

When I turn it on it will power on sound and lights and work for a few seconds then it will turn itself on and off a bunch of time and then off completely. After that point it won't turn itself back on.

If I let it sit for a while it will let me repeat the same process.

I tried pushing the pack in to see if it was not seated far enough in but that didnt make a difference.

I took a voltmeter to the battery pack and am getting about 4.7 out of it.

Before I tear this apart or possibly convert it. Im wondering if anyone has tips on what might be causing this?

I have also tried 3 types of batteries. Duracell Max, Generic Alkalines, and Lithiums. (not mixed).

Thanks!

Possibly a damaged soundboard/connection?
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

My FX board was doing constant restarts when I shorted the positive and negative wires that go to the LED string. Might this be it?

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

disconnect the led string from the sound module and see if it makes a difference

Council Member
    Sith Lord

It is a short (most likely). There is a member on Fx-sabers who repairs them (MH).
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!