Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Two rather dumb but relevant questions

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tahm View Post
    I'm sorry for taking this away from the original 2 questions but it still fits in the "stupid but can't find an answer" category. What do you use to secure the sound board to either a speaker mount or chasis? Glue or apoxy? and if so what kind works well and what should be avoided (sorry if it's out there just haven't found it while searching)
    You don't want to glue or epoxy them, a lot of people use double sided foam mounting tape.

Whenever I see someone spell it "apoxy", it always makes me think of the word "apoplexy" (a sudden, usually marked loss of bodily function due torupture or occlusion of a blood vessel).
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

if you try out the polyp method make sure you clean your work surface really well before starting, otherwise you will end up with dust and hair in your blade which is very visible

Or, if you have two people; have someone hold the roll in the air while you roll it onto a dowel etc.
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Make sure that you have a good relationship with this person as to put tension on the rolling and not the relationship..lol "but my arms are tired"

But seriously it takes some team work and little tension for a nice tight wrap. In my experience.

Thanks, guys :]

One last question, so that I don't purchase the wrong thing:

I'm viewing the Lee Filters homepage and I've gotten confused. Which one of those is the right section for someone seeking a filter to use in a saber?

Lighting section: http://www.leefilters.com/lighting/p...49F6EC57981C4/

Camera filters section:
    http://www.leefilters.com/camera/pro...46C9C1B6AA3DD/

I apologize for the many questions. But I'm on a quest for the perfect purple blade (without using a RGB LED...I'm not proficient with these yet).

Council Member
    Jedi Master

If you are on the quest for a "perfect Purple", don't waste your time with filters. You will only be dissapointed. If you really are "questing" for it, try the RGB. We decided early on that we weren't going to go the filter route and we've never looked back. Thank the gods.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by Caine Drathul View Post
    1. Nope. Those are from Lee's site and are actually camera filters.
    2. There is no "best" it's really up to your preference. Use the "search" function and see what different blade diffusion techniques are out there.

Good luck
    Yeah.. Wonder are they camera or what filters?

Sure. I just gotta learn how to use the RGB's. I'm kind of a n00b with electronics, actually.

I was asking about the filters because I am sometimes asked to build a saber for someone else, and I reckon RGB LEDs are a bit expensive for that (or are they not? I really don't know a thing about them).

They cost maybe a few dollars more, but they are worth it.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I agree with Fender. If you want a good shade of purple use a RGB LED. You can even make the shade of purple you want by using different resistances on the Red LED.

The LEE Filters are actually used for stage/scene lighting. We use them at Church on PAR 64 lights.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php