Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to make a dual core blade

not from putting the polyp in crystal, but from dueling with said blades, my students and i go pretty hard sometimes in matches

Quote Originally Posted by Brakvador View Post
    I want to know how you do your dual core blade?
    the corbin is in the ultra blade film or is it the opposite.
    There's nothing in the store here that is called a "Dual-Core" blade. "Dual-Core Diffusion" is simply a phrase I came up with to describe my personal method of making a Luxeon Led blade....I sand the internal surface of the blade using a tool I built out of a couple of dowel rods, and then I add the clear gift wrap/polypropylene roll to add to the effect. The result is a blade that is evenly lit and when viewed at an angle, appears to light all the way to the edges of the tube giving the impression of a solid beam, rather than looking like a "light-beam-in-a-tube" that you'd get from just using polypropylene alone. The TCSS/Corbin blade film is a suitable substitute for sanding the inside of a blade, but you get an undesirable side-effect....you can see the parting seam where the film overlaps. Sanding the blade eliminates that altogether.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

To me, "solid" would denote a rod, not a thin walled tube. It is possible to damage them slightly.

My main battle blade diffuser has lots of little white marks from fighting with it. But they aren't that noticeable unless you really look for them.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!