Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to make a dual core blade

Default How to make a dual core blade

I want to know how you do your dual core blade?
    the corbin is in the ultra blade film or is it the opposite.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Corbin film on the outside. It's easier to do that way, and you won't even see the Corbin film if it's on the inside, so why even bother? As it is the polypro film on the inside takes away some of the effect of the Corbin film, but it makes the blade light up more evenly.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

the corbin film also does a good job of hiding any foreign material that may get stuck to the polyp like cat hair or dust

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Very true.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

The only problem I have with the film is how unlike poly-p you can see the edges of the film, but the sacrifice is worth it. I just turn the film so the edges are in a more desirable area of the blade. However I could be wrong about the edges on the poly-p because I've only used it with tcss diffuser or film. Personally I think the poly-p and diffuser are brighter then with the poly-p and film but the texture of the film is a nice effect.

ive also done polyp inside of white diffuser, dont much care for that method since i have a bad habit of bending/creasing the white diffuser, but the look of the blade is amazing. now if i can only keep myself from dueling these blades it would be great

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Sanding the blade also hides the imperfections of Poly P, and if you cut the poly P cleanly, you don't see the seam. Also there are two thicknesses of Poly out there, you have to make sure you get the thinner one as the thicker stuff sucks.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Anyone tried the iridescent polyp? I just got a roll of it and was going to see if there was any difference.

Brakvador, you wouldn't happen to be thinking of the "DuelCore (TM)" blade sold by The Company That Shall Not Be Named, would you? That is a completely different bag of donuts entirely, using one off-white nylon tube inside another. It's also a shocking disappointment, if you are expecting anything like a finished product. The online catalog description "DuelCore™ blade tubing and endcap kit (assembled)" is extremely misleading. Not only is it not "assembled," assembling it requires a lot of improvisation, as well as disposing of the useless endcap and replacing it with one of Tim's.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Quote Originally Posted by jjshumpert View Post
    ive also done polyp inside of white diffuser, dont much care for that method since i have a bad habit of bending/creasing the white diffuser, but the look of the blade is amazing. now if i can only keep myself from dueling these blades it would be great
    How would you damage the diffuser?...they're solid nylon. You just roll up the poly-p on a dowel and slide it inside the diffuser.