Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jay-gon Jinn's Chrome Saber 30 (CS-30) Build (U.S. 2.1, illuminated AV switch)

So, one of the things left to do on this one was to cut the speaker grille/pommel insert. I'll use one of the snap-in strainers from the hardware store for that:

I'll use the cutting wheel on the rotary tool for this.

I cut it around the diameter of the bottom of the strainer:

And it fell right out:

Now I'll switch the rotary tool over to a sanding drum and de-burr the part:

It fits right into the pommel:

These are too thin to secure with a snap ring, so I'll use an o-ring instead:

I just push the #18 o-ring down into the pommel, and it seats into the groove for the snap ring just well enough to hold the grille:

All done!

The last thing this saber needs is a blade retention screw....I like to use stainless steel set screws on these types of blade holders.

I set it up in the drill press:

and drilled the hole:

I tapped it for 10-32 threads (I like these, they bite more on the blade than an 8-32 will, and use the same wrench as an 8-32 pan head screw).

Installed the screw:

and this saber is officially finished! Look for the Final Pics in the Gallery section tomorrow.

Oh, here it is lit up with a blade:

This last pic is closer to the actual color...it's a nice dark shade of orange!
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 05-29-2010 at 12:12 AM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Final pics are up in the gallery section here: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d.php?p=170243

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.