Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Using Your FX: Hows it handle?

So do any people here actually practice the martial arts? If so which style? Kendo? Western martial arts? Or good ol' go bang around in the backyard and act like our a jedi?

I do muay thai and flipinno stick, I did a lil sword when I did ninpo awhile back.

Brian

i use pvc pipe and and wooden sticks for a short darth mual saber its tight sometimes me and my friend show off but we dont get big heads.also kids ask if if we did martial arts or went to a training school to do what we learned and they are stricken dead, they cant believe that we did not go to a school to learn and show what we know.

"aaah general kenobi you are a bold one."-general grievous

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Hitogiri

So do any people here actually practice the martial arts? If so which style? Kendo? Western martial arts? Or good ol' go bang around in the backyard and act like our a jedi?

I do muay thai and flipinno stick, I did a lil sword when I did ninpo awhile back.

Brian
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

M'friend, check out the thread "Lightsaber Exercises" for some kats that have translated their real-world disciplines into the love of the 'saber. You can find it in Misc. Topics.

You don't need to see any identification.

Do as Naashar says, you should. Much information, can be found there.

Working too hard, I have been. Talking like a small green puppet, I am.

Stop this, I must.

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base
    Treasurer/Head Instructor
    Lightsaber training OCSWS

Has the video been posted yet? I am not known for being patient.

"Do you know how to use that thing?"
    "Yes. The pointy end goes into the other man."

Does the anakin switch box really get in the way that much? I thought that having a switch would be a really really good thing so I would accidently turn it off during battle but how much trouble has it really caused you and does it apply for all boxes or just the anakin?

Well, to be fair..with consistent use, the Anakin has proven to be less of a problem for me. You just get used to the placement of the switch box and adjust your 1 and 2-handed grips accordingly. I don't even need gloves any more for practice![8D]

Just one of those things, I guess...

I have personally handled all the MR sabers and here are my comments:

Vader....don't like the sound, control box gets in the way.
    Maul.....don't like the sound, although it's louder than the Vader. Buttons are cool, weight is a bit excessive.
    Anakin...sound is good, control box gets in the way.
    Luke.....ditto.
    Obi-wan..ditto, I do like the big emitter, gotta get one for my personal saber.
    Mace.....sound is good, slide-switch is in bad place for me too.

Interesting point: At COMICON, Alex[ULtra] dropped by with a converted Mace. To demonstrate the almost indistructabliliy of the blade, I had someone whack it against the chrome guard rail pretty hard. No damage to the blade, but the switch cover popped off.

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base
    Treasurer/Head Instructor
    Lightsaber training OCSWS

How do they handle? Well, the steering's a little tight. The shifter sticks occasionally, it'll grind if you're not careful. They're also a little sluggish off the start, and around corners. The braking distance is longer than a Hummer 1. But it gets decent gas mileage. Even comes with a gimmick horn.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Misato Katsuragi: The one who deserves to survive is the one who has the will to do so.
    -Neon Genesis Evangelion

Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein
    -Rammstein
    Contains 100% your daily recommended dose of Laughing Man

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Ambo

I just wonder how many hilts I will have to lathe before I find one that sings to me......

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Just stay Zen, m'friend...it'll come.