Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Air cooled SSR90 with crystal chamber

Banned Sith Lord

dude get an 8.7 degree lense in there and youll be seeing a huge green streak in your vision for DAYS! this thing is sick. how come the lenses wont fit?

You mentioned blade effects. What board are you using for this one?

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Man what a differense.
    I'll take the room is hot quickly by turning that saber on.
    I'm really impressed.

dude get an 8.7 degree lense in there and youll be seeing a huge green streak in your vision for DAYS! this thing is sick. how come the lenses wont fit?
    If you look at the shot I took down the blade holder you can see that the dome on the SSR 90 is big. It's way too big for normal lenses to fit over. Lenses that are made for the seoul P7's large dome don't quite fit ether.

There are a couple out there that are made to fit the SSR 90 but they are not very narrow and are 30 x 30mm. Too big to fit even with modifications.

You mentioned blade effects. What board are you using for this one?
    I am using Tim's add on board with a 6.6 amp buck driver made by the same guy that makes the add on board & some of the other stuff for Tim.

The boards work well together. The setup is adjustable from 1500 to 6000ma with ramp up & down flicker & clash flash circuit.
    Last edited by Sunrider; 06-05-2010 at 08:16 AM.

*Drools*
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

If anyone wanted to know what reflector I modified for this setup. It came out of one of these flashlights.

http://www.inovalight.com/bolt/bolt_2a.php

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    If anyone wanted to know what reflector I modified for this setup. It came out of one of these flashlights.

http://www.inovalight.com/bolt/bolt_2a.php
    Thanks. I did want to know, actually, since I've never come across a non-plastic flashlight reflector.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Here is some info on the buck driver used in this setup.

I spent days searching the internet for a good buck driver that could drive the SSR90 to its potential. In the end I ended up where I started with the drivers here at TCSS!

This is the H6CC it is an adjustable driver to 6 amps.

This thing is a little bigger than your normal driver & needs a good size heat sink at the higher drive levels. Here is mine.

This driver with the add on board (D2Flex v3.0) here at the shop make up the SSR90 drive section.

This setup could be run by 2 18650s but a full setup (w sound) would only run for about 25 minutes.

Sunrider, I see you are using a Sunon fan. Could you tell me the model number? Since it seems to be a pretty snug fit, I'm guessing it's one of their 25mm x 25mm models.
    There's always a bigger fish.

What batteries are you planning on using that can handle a 6A draw?

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.