Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Air cooled SSR90 with crystal chamber

Thanks again guys. The parts with the with the holes are mhs parts. No machining tho. Hand drill, rotary tool & files are all I have. I have new respect for what machines can do now. Much can be done without machines, but you can only file till your hands are worn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    Thanks again guys. The parts with the with the holes are mhs parts. No machining tho. Hand drill, rotary tool & files are all I have. I have new respect for what machines can do now. Much can be done without machines, but you can only file till your hands are worn out.
    Would you mind posting a list of the MHS parts you used? I honestly can't figure out what I'm looking at. The bottom-most part is obviously wider than the rest, but I don't recognize it.
    There's always a bigger fish.

The blade holder is #13 then 2 in dbl female extension, then dbl male with slots (thanks for making this part extra thick Stryder), then custom made 1.5 in I.D. adapters & tube section. Not TCSS

Oh & the setup will run on 4 18650s dbl barrel that give me 7.5 amps at 7.4 volts for 1hr.
    Last edited by Sunrider; 05-25-2010 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    The blade holder is #13 then 2 in dbl female extension, then dbl male with slots (thanks for making this part extra thick Stryder), then custom made 1.5 in I.D. adapters & tube section. Not TCSS

Oh & the setup will run on 4 18650s dbl barrel that give me 7.5 amps at 7.4 volts for 1hr.
    Thanks, Sunrider. Are the custom pieces threaded to match the MHS threads? If so, wow, how did you match that? I thought the MHS thread was as secret as the Colonel's recipe.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Oh my god, you're going to need sunglasses when you put a blade in it !!!

I'm interested to know more about these leds

The fan is a genius way to cool it. Quite honestly, that is the most hardcore setup for cooling I've seen in a saber in a long time.

Kudos. Maaaanny kudos.
    "Pain is a good thing. It strengthens, it hardens, and it hallows."

"The fan is a genius way to cool it. Quite honestly, that is the most hardcore setup for cooling I've seen in a saber in a long time."

Thanks Caden The setup is simple in principle but I must say soldering the 8 heat sink fin parts together at the same time was quite the balancing act. Like juggling red hot copper. Several attempts were made before I got one together right.

I want to see if it melts the blade!

Can you look at the blade in daytime?
    Man this is SOOOOOO cool.
    I'm a brightness Junky, and I love it.

Default SSR 90 blade compairison

Ouch I think I just got my butt kicked by gift wrap. Getting the stuff in the tube just right is an art to be sure.

Not unbelievable results from the completed blade but it is a couple steps up from my MR Luke ROTJ with new batteries.

Lights on

Lights off

Blade effects are on so the blade may be flickering when pic was taken.

That's about as uniform as I can seem to get the blade. it has 7 feet of cellophane in it. If an optic that could fit in the hilt could be found it could be better but the reflector works ok.

Parts to get this setup running are about a hundred bucks but they are out there to be had.

Luv your lumenz

SR