Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Air cooled SSR90 with crystal chamber

And my biggest thought on why to attempt this, is because it furthers the knowledge of the hobby and brings us new and innovative tech. Things that will most likely become common in the future... keep it up Sunrider, we watch with interest
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Art, develpoment and curiosity doesnt 'need' to abide by rules...

This isnt somethign for 'everyone' or a mainstream product/approach...

this is one guy pursuing his ideas and posting the results! (KUDOS!)..

will it lead to something one day? who knows.. (who cares)..

he took the time AWAY from the forum & shoutbox &FX Sabers being down..and PRODUCED SOMETHING TANGIBLE... and shared with us!

I think you should get a real crustal in there instead of a sphere.. (but thats just opinion of course)

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Interesting on the heat. So far I have only had mine up to 2A and it doesn't even get warm. Even at two amps it's brighter than any LEDengin 5W or LUX V green I've seen. Hell, at 1A it's brighter than a P4 and LEDengine 5W, but that's an expensive alternative to those two if you can only run it at 1A Good job Sunrider, look forward to seeing it with a blade and finished

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Thanks for the positive responses guys. It shouldn't be too long before it's completed & I will do some comparisons.

Wow, Next step a REAL lightsaber. Hmmm might have to use liquid nitrogen to keep it cool
    With the Blast Shield down I can't even see.. how am I supposed to fight

Not to mention the added effects nitrogen would add.

Hats off to you sir for a lot of hard work, nevermind whether or not it was worth it in the end. Very seldomly are my sabers ever lit for longer than 12 minutes at a time, but I'm no Novastar.

I too would like to see what this looks like with a blade attached.
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

This is the next step to real lightaber blades. My hat would be off (If I wore one).
    Last edited by Skottsaber; 05-26-2010 at 07:36 AM.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    My would be off (If I wore one).
    LOL, wut?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

LOL J Lo are you doing one of those replace the word in the sentence games again!

Am I the only one who is as impressed by the machined emitter and crystal chamber as by the LED and cooling system? Is that all original, or have you modified MHS parts to the point where they are unrecognizable? Either way, gorgeous work. I was considering using a mineral sphere of some variety (maybe kunzite) in the saber I'm working on with Blue Fox, but I gave up on it. That is some kind of quartz, is it not?

What is your battery set-up? I set aside my green 10-Watt LedEngin because of the massive forward voltage requirements, as well as the heat issue, which I was too lazy to try to address.

I believe the missing word is "hat," J-Lo. I do have a hat, and it is off to sunrider for this one. Can't wait to see it develop.
    There's always a bigger fish.